[FR] Option to play from direct path instead of going through addon

xnappo

scalda

...but using this direct file path option you are for the most part bypassing the server

you are only bypassing the need for transcoding/streaming from the server, but other functions work like they should (syncing)

also direct play allows for a few extra things to work like tv tunes

Also @@xnappo i can confirm the tvshow info still doesn't work, after reading @@cgrey000 post i understand what it was you changed.

See i use the media view in my skin for all my info so i didn't think twice about the actual tv show info screen that you can have come up.

just thought i would let you know.

xnappo

That is weird - it is working fine for me in Aeon Nox.

What skin are you guys using? 

To be clear - in Aeon Nox I can go to either the TV show or and episode and hit 'i' and get an info screen, whereas before I could not. Also if I set for 'info before play' it shows up..

scalda

I use the xperience1080 and I got it in moves via the option to show info instead of play but not TV shows Same with pressing I for info

But I will install 0.1.93 once home and try it again

xnappo

I will try that skin when I get a chance.  0.1.93 won't change anything for direct play mode.

scalda

I will try that skin when I get a chance. 0.1.93 won't change anything for direct play mode.

I double checked this, this morning with just normal plugin path and it worked fine I could view the TV info no problem

cgrey000

I double checked this, this morning with just normal plugin path and it worked fine I could view the TV info no problem

Same here - issue only seems to happen with direct paths.

Titan (beta) 3.1.3 here...

scalda

Same here - issue only seems to happen with direct paths.

Titan (beta) 3.1.3 here...

Strange as the movies info works

xnappo

@@cgrey000 - what skin are you using? Can you guys please try Confluence?  I tried Aeon Nox, Zepher, XF1080 and Confluence and cannot recreate.

The 'movie' info is far less complex the TV show info - TV show info needs correct DB linkage from Episode->Season->Show.  Movie info is stand-alone.

Edited by xnappo

scalda

@@cgrey000 - what skin are you using? Can you guys please try Confluence?  I tried Aeon Nox, Zepher and Confluence and cannot recreate.

The 'movie' info is far less complex the TV show info - TV show info needs correct DB linkage from Episode->Season->Show.  Movie info is stand-alone.

working in the confluence skin using plugin path 

Kodi%202015-05-28%2014-31-04-799.png

And works fine in my usual skin Xperience1080 same using plugin path

Kodi%202015-05-28%2014-36-41-378.png

xnappo

If Confluence does NOT work for you in direct mode, please one of you zip and post your video db on dropbox or somewhere.

Thanks,

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

scalda

If Confluence does NOT work for you in direct mode, please one of you zip and post your video db on dropbox or somewhere.

Thanks,

xnappo

@@xnappo

those images are from 0.1.92  with plugin path as i didn't put that 

i am now trying 0.1.93 in direct path mode so i am just waiting for database to rebuild

xnappo

Ok - if it doesn't work with confluence after rebuild, post your DB somewhere.  You can send me a PM link if you want.

xnappo

Please post your DB somewhere, it is something with how your paths look vs. mine, but I need to see what it is putting into the path table.

scalda

Thanks for the PM - I see the problem - easy fix.

Brilliant, if i could buy you a beer i would, same goes for the rest of the team

scalda

Thanks for the PM - I see the problem - easy fix.

@@xnappo

Works great now, at the episode level. Thanks

Kodi%202015-05-28%2017-32-02-663.png

Edited by scalda
  • Like 1

cgrey000

Took a while for me to test (had a lot going on last night), but confirmed 0.1.94 is properly doing episode info screens for me now with direct paths.

Skin(s): Titan 3.3.13 Helix (Beta) and Metropoils 3.0.3

• Like 1

cw-kid

So for Kodi PCs on the same LAN as the Emby Server its recommended to use this new setting? 

But not for remote Kodi PCs over the WAN.

Thanks

scalda

So for Kodi PCs on the same LAN as the Emby Server its recommended to use this new setting? 

But not for remote Kodi PCs over the WAN.

Thanks

User preference 

Angelblue05

Going forward, the only advantage is to speed up playback launching on raspberry Pi. TV tunes fix will be made available soon, so unless you are experiencing a major lag between launching and playback, stick with how you setup currently is. :)

CBers

Going forward, the only advantage is to speed up playback launching on raspberry Pi. TV tunes fix will be made available soon, so unless you are experiencing a major lag between launching and playback, stick with how you setup currently is. :)

Not just Raspberry PIs. It will help all platforms that are local to the Emby server. It's all about personal use.

PI2's are not slow and shouldn't be regarded as low end devices.

Angelblue05

Regardless, Direct path will support less features than the normal method, because it doesn't allow the add-on to control playback. It is about your personal use, but I suggest you choose depending on if it's too slow to launch playback on your device or not via the regular method.

I for one, experience instant playback everywhere with the normal method. There is no advantage to go Direct path over normal method, if you experience instant or almost instant playback already. You would simply miss out on some Emby features.

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

OK got it, don't think I need to turn this on then with my Intel i3 HTPCs ! 

Thanks. 

• Like 1