[FR] Option to play from direct path instead of going through addon

xnappo

scalda

Fix for the info screen has been checked in to Git. Giving others an hour or so to test the Git, then I will push to beta repo.

I'll check it out in a sec

Edit: @@xnappo all seems to be working, will post anything about anything out of the ordinary.

Edited by scalda

inkubux

Thanks for this fix.

I tried the Samba and it worked in Kodi without any issues and progress playback. Not in yatse though as it still try to use a vfs path

Http playback did not work in Kodi or in Yatse (the path was a direct http link to The emby server in both case with  /Video/[id]/stream.mp4) but failed to start in both app.

Thanks again :)

scalda

Thanks for this fix.

I tried the Samba and it worked in Kodi without any issues and progress playback. Not in yatse though as it still try to use a vfs path

Http playback did not work in Kodi or in Yatse (the path was a direct http link to The emby server in both case with /Video/[id]/stream.mp4) but failed to start in both app.

Thanks again :)

That is very odd as my smb path gets passed to my yatse and can play locally fine.

Are you sure you have turned on use direct paths in the config?

inkubux

That is very odd as my smb path gets passed to my yatse and can play locally fine.

Are you sure you have turned on use direct paths in the config?

Yes I did, turn on in the plugin

And I turned on path substitution in Emby, I used \\[iP]\Media did you use something else ?

But in Yatse the path shows as http://[KODI IP]/vsf/smb://[Emby IP]/

Thanks

Edited by inkubux

scalda

Yes I did, turn on in the plugin

And I turned on path substitution in Emby, I used \\[iP]\Media did you use something else ?

But in Yatse the path shows as http://[KODI IP]/vsf/smb://[Emby IP]/

Thanks

I don't use path substitution in emby, I have the direct smb paths set

inkubux

I don't use path substitution in emby, I have the direct smb paths set

What do you mean by that.

If I don't use pat substitution, I only have local paths of the media on my server in Kodi :(. and then nothing works [/mnt/user/Media], so this path is not available on my Kodi machine

Did you mount the smb path in the Os level on Kodi ?

Edited by inkubux

scalda

What do you mean by that.

If I don't use pat substitution, I only have local paths f the media on my server in Kodi :(. and then nothing works

Did you mount the smb path in the Os level on Kodi ?

No I use UNC for my paths on my server, not local paths. UNC is the recommended way to set up the emby server if I remember correctly. Edited by scalda

xnappo

@@inkubux - is your Emby server a Windows machine?  If so - then yes UNC paths should be used. 

scalda

@@inkubux - is your Emby server a Windows machine? If so - then yes UNC paths should be used.

I should have asked that

Edited by scalda

Angelblue05

No, but I've made sure they worked. :) When it's a local path, there's no need to do anything to it so it should return the local path as playUrl if Kodi says the path exists. Well at least it was working when I reworked the path detection. I wanted to remove the need for UNC/network path when both server and Kodi are on the same machine.

Anyway, it's not been tested fully since people already have their setup set according to what was required when using the Mediabrowser add-on. If you get it to work with local path, just let us know!

Edited by Angelblue05

inkubux

@@inkubux - is your Emby server a Windows machine?  If so - then yes UNC paths should be used. 

No unfortunately my server is on a Docker container on an Unraid server so UNC does not work :(

scalda

No unfortunately my server is on a Docker container on an Unraid server so UNC does not work :(

Could you not install a samba(smb) addon so you can use network paths?

inkubux

Could you not install a samba(smb) addon so you can use network paths?

Yes But I think I will attempt to just mount at the OS level then it will appear as a local path

cgrey000

Fix for the info screen has been checked in to Git.  Giving others an hour or so to test the Git, then I will push to beta repo.

Just to be sure - should TV info screens be working correctly in 0.1.92?

If it matters, just reset the database with the new path option set to use native paths after upgrading.

Edited by cgrey000

e123enitan

Just installed .1.92, both window 7, and Openelec

checked the 3rd option on the syn Option tab

add-on went through db recycle, follow by system start, process took about 7 min to complete 1600 movies, to establish if direct works

I checked one posted to determine path directory, its stamped as Plugin://plugin.video.emby------------

I follow the the process 3 times same result, nothing changes

what I noticed was in the log emby play from smb which I presumed it is direct play-correct? it seems not I check past log same info

20:24:16 T:2941076544  NOTICE: EMBY Player -> onPlayBackStarted: smb://WDMYCLOUDEX4/Public/Movies/Analyze That (2002)/Analyze That (2002).mkv

I don't think direct is working for me what should I do

http://xbmclogs.com/pstv2pv41

http://xbmclogs.com/pjaq2vc5e

Thanks

Edited by e123enitan

xnappo

Did you enter a password for your SMB account?  Under playback 'Network Username' and 'Network Password'?

I can see it tried to playback correctly, but it looks like some sort of access issue.

xnappo

Just to be sure - should TV info screens be working correctly in 0.1.92?

If it matters, just reset the database with the new path option set to use native paths after upgrading.

Yes - it should work.

If it is not, is it not working for any shows?

To be clear - our primary support is for the addon method right now(not direct).  Please use that unless you have a compelling reason not to.

Of course - testing is very much welcomed, but for your 'family' boxes I don't recommend this right now.

Edited by xnappo

e123enitan

Did you enter a password for your SMB account?  Under playback 'Network Username' and 'Network Password'?

I can see it tried to playback correctly, but it looks like some sort of access issue.

must I have Network User and pass work setup, that would be new level of task, I never have to do this in pass, is this a requirement for this to work. I will pass, the few sec delay diff between addon and direct for me is not the end of world. I when I have time I shall set home network access. But I thought that is what the server does? to control user access why network etc

Thanks 

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

Yes - it should work.

To be clear - our primary support is for the addon method right now(not direct).  Please use that unless you have a compelling reason not to.

I am kool with addon, I dont see this a been a major issue, even on my low power box it plays very nicely. :)  thanks Bud, love your work.

Cheers!

Of course - testing is very much welcomed, but for your 'family' boxes I don't recommend this right now.

xnappo

I am not sure, but putting in the network username/password is something to try.  Otherwise we might need to look at your .db file to see what is wrong.

Vidman

must I have Network User and pass work setup, that would be new level of task, I never have to do this in pass, is this a requirement for this to work. I will pass, the few sec delay diff between addon and direct for me is not the end of world. I when I have time I shall set home network access. But I thought that is what the server does? to control user access why network etc

Thanks 

...but using this direct file path option you are for the most part bypassing the server

cgrey000

Yes - it should work.

Not working for any shows (well, tried 5 at random, all with the same result)

Kodi set to "choose", I pick "show information" from the menu, the file plays (no info screen)

Kodi set to "show information", file plays when selected

Did NOT try (will tomorrow) the "old" (non direct path) method - made both changes at once.

Ya, learned my lesson on the "family boxes" breaking things one too many times. I do it anymore there may not be a family :) This is a test box (FireTV)

Edited by cgrey000