No option for Home Movies in Kodi?

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

In the Emby server dashboard in the library area where you add your content source folders, there is a folder type called "Home Videos" I just added this and pointed it to my home movies folder. Using some nfo files I made and some artwork, these home movies are now visible in the Emby web GUI under a "Home Videos" section. So far so good!

However in Kodi I cannot see these home movies and there appears to be no option to select that folder in the Emby add-on for Kodi.

I guess I could just change the folder type in the Emby Server dashboard to movies but was wondering if there are any plans to support this "Home Videos" content type in Kodi?

Thanks. 

xnappo

Correct - we don't currently support this.  We can make this an official feature request if you would like.

cw-kid

Or maybe I can just add a new SMB source in Kodi to point to the home movies folder and access them that way. 

cw-kid

Well that seems to work, I set the new sources content type as Movies and selected the Local Information Only scraper, Kodi then picked up my custom nfo files for each home movie and is now showing all the metadata and my artwork images I created. I then added the source to favourites and created a menu icon for it. 

Doing this didn't seem to affect the Emby movie library in any negative way. And looking in the "New Movies" area of Kodi I can see its added these home movies in to the main movies library along with all the other normal movies in there that are in the Emby Server / Library etc. 

cw-kid

Actually thinking about it this would be better as part of the Emby add-on. As in Kodi at my parents house they have no option to access the home videos, as I can't simply add a SMB source into Kodi at this remote location, like I did in Kodi at my house where the Emby server is located.

xnappo

For now you could just create another movie collection with them there.

cw-kid

Yes good idea! I will have a look at doing that instead. I am currently transferring all my Camcorder miniDV tapes to DVD discs and also riping them on to the file server / Emby library.

hpooni

The problem with this approach is that same metadata handlers are used for all paths.  For example, if I set my Fitness videos to type "Movies" it will try to fetch missing info from the specified meta providers for the "Movies" category and mess up the structure.  For my Fitness videos, I would like to use only locally specified nfo files.  Fyi, I've already voted on Trello for "Home Videos' to be included as feature.

cw-kid

Yeah when adding my home videos to a "Movies" folder type in Emby, for some it tried to detect them as actual film titles from the Internet. But once I corrected it I can at least now see these home movies appearing in the Emby Movies library as new movies. Not ideal but better than nothing.