FlexRaid: Transparent RAID (tRAID) vs RAID over File System (RAID-F)

sfnetwork

So can anyone put my fears to rest. I am using the snapshot Flexraid with drive pooling. If I lose a drive, and MediaBrowser or some other program changes some of the metadata or whatever prior to getting a new drive and doing a restore, what happens?

If it corrupts data, what can I do to stop this problem? It seems like this would render Flexraid useless for parity.

Airbender

So can anyone put my fears to rest. I am using the snapshot Flexraid with drive pooling. If I lose a drive, and MediaBrowser or some other program changes some of the metadata or whatever prior to getting a new drive and doing a restore, what happens?

If it corrupts data, what can I do to stop this problem? It seems like this would render Flexraid useless for parity.

You going to need to ask that in flexraid fourm as it is the question of if you have data corrupted

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Care to give an update?  Are you still using and happy with FlexRAID?  I want to use it, but it is being so slow to initialize F-RAID for me (it's going to take more than 12 days!).  That alone is making me think to try tRAID, but I am using drives in a USB 3.0 enclosure.  I saw the site advised not to use tRAID with USB drives.  Do any of your have experience/feedback on that?

Yes... nd i decide too use it how long it works... Maybe ms would improve storage spaces and i replace it...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
pr3dict

I use flexraid in a t-raid configuration and I did have 1 save from it already. I'm not entirely sure I'm using it 100% correctly but it did work for that one save... When I originally started it up the landing disk function didn't work too well, and I'm still having troubles with keeping network share drives after a restart... Lastly, I run a parity check every week and its a few blocks off from being perfect so I rebuild it. Other then all that... it's good