New Emby user - wish list

hgeorgescu

hgeorgescu

Hello;

I've came across a few things in my recent Emby trial, and been advised to post some of them in the feature request list.

Here they are:

- Configurable home screen in the user profile. A number of check-boxes to enable or disable features.

I'd like to be able to get rid of or retain selectively  the new items, resume, latest items, frequently played etc. If I want to go directly into a main view of the library, I should be able to do that, without having to find my way through any number of images.

- incorporate a check for unknown file types in the folders. Decide what to do with them. Do not display blank (or black squares) where Emby is missing the ability to interpret the content.

- Incorporate the ability to display raw images (photos), from the major camera makers.

- examine the data structure for pictures from each of the major camera makers - make provisions for differences in each vendors' formats. (Orientation information from my Nikon and Iphone phots is not interpreted correctly and as a result many of my pictures are displayed turned on the side)

- introduce the ability to display photos in full screen and to go in slide show mode.

- (relative to slideshow) introduce the ability to play a directory (the top view in emby is a list of directories. A mouse click on the directory cover opens up the directory. Right click should include the option to play the content).

- thumbnails for photos are crammed against each other, and I think movies covers are also displayed the same way.  I'd rather have a small space between them, sideways and at the top and the bottom of each thumbnail.

- shuffle the top level thumbnail image displayed for a photo directory. Each time you go in the folder view with the browser, you should see a different thumbnail. Right now the image displayed is the first picture in that directory. If there are nested directories (e.g. year/year-month-day/event), even the highest folder should have a thumbnail displayed, pulled from the directories below it. Right now there is no image, if there are multiple directories below.

- pulling movies information selectable source (from a list of sources provided at the setup) for each movie.

This is for now. To be continued.

Thank you for reviewing.

Deathsquirrel

If you want features implemented other users have to be able to like the post.  That's much easier with one feature per post.  Otherwise I have to agree with all of them to give your suggestion an upvote.

The request to change spacing of images is likely doable with css changes.

The ability to configure metadata sources already exists.  In the admin tool click metadata and select the services tab.

in many of the screens you can also switch to the poster card layout and that provides a little more spacing

hgeorgescu

If you want features implemented other users have to be able to like the post.  That's much easier with one feature per post.  Otherwise I have to agree with all of them to give your suggestion an upvote.

Sure, it makes sense. Thanks - will split them.

Thanks for the other pointers too.

hg

hgeorgescu

in many of the screens you can also switch to the poster card layout and that provides a little more spacing

I'll research that - it wasn't that obvious, but I'll check again. Thank you, Luke.