Why is roku asking for a pin and to go to emby.media/pin

Sethking86

What steps did you do? The Connect feature is optional, you can also click the skip button and locate your server manually.

Sethking86

Hmm I went to emby.media/pin it asked for a pin I put it inside it was successful along with my login but when I click on emby it still brings that message up

what you need to do is leave the pin screen open on the roku device while you enter it on the website. after you enter it on the site, the roku will recognize that within about 10 seconds and then take you to your server. the important thing is leaving the pin screen as it is on the roku while you go to the website.

in order to improve the process, can i ask why didn't you do that? i suppose the screen should say leave this screen open, but we can only fit so much text onto it. Although it does say go to the website to enter the pin, followed by

This screen will automatically update once your Roku player has been linked to your Emby account.

Happy2Play

Are you sure Emby Server is running also?  With my setup I only get the pin screen when Emby Server isn't running.

Edited by Happy2Play