MBT Themes

Syztemlord

Syztemlord

Trying out the public Alpha of MBT I can only say, I love it!  I can't imagine going back to MBC now.

I was wondering if MBT is going to be theme-able and if it is where can I get info on how themes work.  I'd like to throw my hat in and create a theme.

Any info would be gratefully received. :)

• Like 1

Redshirt

There is some info in the github wiki for MediaBrowser Theater. Also the default theme is developed as a separate assembly so that it can provide a complete example of theme development. It's all on the github link.

• Like 1

swhitmore

Trying out the public Alpha of MBT I can only say, I love it!  I can't imagine going back to MBC now.

I was wondering if MBT is going to be theme-able and if it is where can I get info on how themes work.  I'd like to throw my hat in and create a theme.

Any info would be gratefully received. :)

Great to see some interest. Have you got any ideas yet? There are a few here who can help design, but not code.

Edited by swhitmore

Syztemlord

I've always liked the NEO theme, might be on those lines, something clean.  I'm probably better at the designing but I'll have a look at the coding too.

• Like 2

Syztemlord

Roc theme also would be wonderful to see :D

I've been using that theme in MBC, very nice.

I have to admit, I am liking the original default theme in this.

I agree, it's not bad.  Would just like another option  :)

Isn't that interesting! I especially love the shaded backdrops because they don't distract as much from the primary images. :)

Sure, therefore a new theme may need to be built up with that in mind... I'm pretty sure that many users would love it, I remember that this issue was raised already with Neo. Anyway, this is sort of a detail for me, I'm really happy with MBT as such!

• Like 1

leedavies

Roc theme also would be wonderful to see :D

An enhanced, slicker version of ROC will be coming to MBT once things have bedded in a bit and the theme API is ready to go.

• Like 2

An enhanced, slicker version of ROC will be coming to MBT once things have bedded in a bit and the theme API is ready to go.

Happy to be alpha,beta tester or what ever for you lee!

Syztemlord

A ROC theme would be great to see and have an idea of what is possible in creating a MBT theme.

Will the ROC theme and Crystal theme need to be purchased again for current subscribers?

I think lee have mentioned a few days ago that with a small price (maybe in half of current Roc's price) he will publish it for current subscribers.

• Like 1

A ROC theme would be great to see and have an idea of what is possible in creating a MBT theme.

While I have no idea what his plans are, outside of a few images, there is absolutely zero overlap with MBC and MBT theme code. So it would have to be built 100% from the ground up. It is basically like starting new.