split videos no working

mata7

mata7

i have the lord of the ring extended edition, lord of the ring folder - lord of the ring part1, lord of the ring part2 inside of lord of the ring folder, emby only recognize and play part1, part2 is ignore, plex play both part fine, kodi play both part fine, only emby wont recognize that there is 2 parts, the web client if i open lord of the ring movie, it will show 2 parts but only play part1 ignoring part2

is there anything you guys can help me, thanks in advanced 

Edited by mata7

mata7

im out of my home this wekeen i will be back next week and i will upload the logs, sorry

• Like 1

e123enitan

Can you post your log? thanks.

@Angelblue, I think mata7 have same issue that I have reported in file stacking thread,  where a single movies file is broken down into several parts, such as Part 1, Part 2 or scence 1 , scence 2 --------> 

Just my thoughts :)

Angelblue05

Ok but I've already added support for this. If something is broken, then I need a log to see what's going on. :)

Edit: I see what you mean now, but it seems like mata7 was talking about parts not playing rather than parts displaying as split items instead of one grouped item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

Ok but I've already added support for this. If something is broken, then I need a log to see what's going on. :)

Edit: I see what you mean now, but it seems like mata7 was talking about parts not playing rather than parts displaying as split items instead of one grouped item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just guessing i thought the two might be related, it may be diff, so you've add support and expect this to be working, so far it hasn't work for me, I shall post a log

Thanks

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

e123enitan

I have to play one and have it captured in log, then I shall post shortly, stay tune. Thanks 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@e123enitan

I think your naming convention is not supported by Emby. https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

If Emby sees it as two files, then Emby for Kodi will import it as two separate files and skip over the logic of PartCount which is the only way to know if the file is split.

Try renaming your files appropriately, do a library scan, make sure it's correct in Emby (one file) and then let Emby for Kodi update your content and retry,  post your logs if it still doesn't work. Thanks :)

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

@@e123enitan

I think your naming convention is not supported by Emby. https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

If Emby sees it as two files, then Emby for Kodi will import it as two separate files and skip over the logic of PartCount which is the only way to know if the file is split.

Try renaming your files appropriately, do a library scan, make sure it's correct in Emby (one file) and then let Emby for Kodi update your content and retry,  post your logs if it still doesn't work. Thanks :)

I try below approach and shall get back to you, I working on right away.

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd1.mkv

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd2.mkv

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

e123enitan

I try below approach and shall get back to you, I working on right away.

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd1.mkv

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd2.mkv

I recalled I followed this approach before the results is as below, therefore I change it to scene atleast it shows both files in Kodi except both are not combined.

Results of the changes as below

1, Kodi displayed one file which contain CD1

2, Server display one poster, but when I click on it, an additional parts is displayed which contains CD2

Kodi log let me know what is next-Thanks 

http://xbmclogs.com/pv3pxukoi

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

I'm confused by what you are saying so let me try to understand.

Kodi displays one file, server displays one poster but when you click on it, you see the additional part.

Kodi should display only one file, so this is not a problem. And from your logs, it seems it played both part as they were supposed to. Is there a problem I'm missing? :)

Are you asking that we add the additional parts as an actual item to display in Kodi?

e123enitan

Kodi displays one file, server displays one poster but when you click on it, you see the additional part. Correct

Kodi should display only one file, so this is not a problem. And from your logs, it seems it played both part as they were supposed to. Is there a problem I'm missing? :) You're right it shows two files, I did checked the log before I posted, could it be that it work. Let me play it again to determine if it play the full length or Just the first cd1. 

Are you asking that we add the additional parts as an actual item to display in Kodi? No, expected to see one posted, and  should play full length not piece meal.

let me change another movie set, and shall get back to you.

Thanks for your relentless support, most wonderful  :) 

e123enitan

Kodi displays one file, server displays one poster but when you click on it, you see the additional part. Correct

Kodi should display only one file, so this is not a problem. And from your logs, it seems it played both part as they were supposed to. Is there a problem I'm missing? :) You're right it shows two files, I did checked the log before I posted, could it be that it work. Let me play it again to determine if it play the full length or Just the first cd1. 

Are you asking that we add the additional parts as an actual item to display in Kodi? No, expected to see one posted, and  should play full length not piece meal.

let me change another movie set, and shall get back to you.

Thanks for your relentless support, most wonderful  :) 

It works after playing the first cd1, it jumps to the second cd2, nice hahahaha----luyah thanks to BIG Kodi helpers  :D , I have to revamp all stacks files.

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

haha :D

I'm glad you got it to work! It's difficult to troubleshoot since I don't use file stacking myself, so thanks for confirming that it does work. :)

• Like 1

e123enitan

haha :D

I'm glad you got it to work! It's difficult to troubleshoot since I don't use file stacking myself, so thanks for confirming that it does work. :)

Pls you can now closed this thread, I have most of the movies working

Cheers once again.