MeteData Format Changed When?

DarkKniyt (John)

DarkKniyt (John)

Can anyone tell me when the format of the series.xml, movie.xml changed?

I recently found that these xml's that were created by MetaBrowser are formatted differently than those saved via the Emby MetaData application.

they did not change. we've had fairly constant communication with fatal, the developer of metabrowser in order to stay in sync with each other

DarkKniyt (John)
Maybe I'm missing something, but there are definitely format differences in the xml's.
I would list the differences but there are numerous differences.
For some reason I can not upload any files, it keeps Erroring out on me so I am pasting the xml's below.
Both of the xml's pasted are of the same movie, one when saved in MetaBrowser, one when saved in Emby MetaData app.
I'm sure it's possible something is screwed up on my end, I just don't know what it could be.
I am using MetaBrowser v.2.3.50 & Emby Server v.3.0.5607.2
I have similar differences in the xml's for TV Series as well.

I am only pasting partial files because of the size but you can see numerous differences in what is pasted.
--------

MetaBrowser Saved xml:
-------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Title>
  <LocalTitle>300: Rise of an Empire 3D</LocalTitle>
  <OriginalTitle>300: Rise of an Empire</OriginalTitle>
  <SortTitle>300: Rise of an Empire 3D</SortTitle>
  <Set>
  </Set>
  <Added>6/11/2014 9:25:05 AM</Added>
  <DateModified>5/16/2015 6:59:26 PM</DateModified>
  <ProductionYear>2014</ProductionYear>
  <PremiereDate>2014-03-07</PremiereDate>
  <RunningTime>103</RunningTime>
  <IMDBrating>6.6</IMDBrating>
  <Rating>6.6</Rating>
  <VoteCount>157</VoteCount>
  <CriticRating>48</CriticRating>
  <CriticRatingSummary><![CDATA[it's all extravagantly daft, moves at a fair clip and is over before you expect it to be.]]></CriticRatingSummary>
  <Metascore>48</Metascore>
  <MetascoreSummary><![CDATA[it's all extravagantly daft, moves at a fair clip and is over before you expect it to be.]]></MetascoreSummary>
  <MPAARating>R</MPAARating>
  <ContentRating>R</ContentRating>
  <MPAADescription>Rated R for strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language</MPAADescription>
  <CustomRating>
  </CustomRating>
  <Plot><![CDATA[Greek general Themistokles leads the charge against invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemisia, vengeful commander of the Persian navy.]]></Plot>
  <Description><![CDATA[based on Frank Miller's latest graphic novel "Xerxes" and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster "300," this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield--on the sea--as Greek general Themistokles attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. "300: Rise of an Empire" pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemesia, the vengeful commander of the Persian navy.]]></Description>
  <Overview><![CDATA[based on Frank Miller's latest graphic novel "Xerxes" and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster "300," this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield--on the sea--as Greek general Themistokles attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. "300: Rise of an Empire" pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemesia, the vengeful commander of the Persian navy.]]></Overview>
  <Type>3D</Type>
  <Format3D>HSBS</Format3D>
  <AspectRatio>2.35:1</AspectRatio>
  <Watched>False</Watched>
  <Comment>
  </Comment>
  <LockData>False</LockData>

-----------------------------

EMBY Saved xml:

-----------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Title>
  <ContentRating>R</ContentRating>
  <MPAADescription>Rated R for strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language</MPAADescription>
  <Added>6/11/2014 9:25:05 AM</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Type>3D</Type>
  <CriticRating>48</CriticRating>
  <CriticRatingSummary><![CDATA[it's all extravagantly daft, moves at a fair clip and is over before you expect it to be.]]></CriticRatingSummary>
  <Overview><![CDATA[based on Frank Miller's latest graphic novel "Xerxes" and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster "300," this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield--on the sea--as Greek general Themistokles attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. "300: Rise of an Empire" pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemesia, the vengeful commander of the Persian navy.]]></Overview>
  <LocalTitle>300: Rise of an Empire 3D</LocalTitle>
  <SortTitle>300: Rise of an Empire 3D</SortTitle>
  <PremiereDate>2014-03-07</PremiereDate>
Edited by DarkKniyt (John)

can you save me some time and point out the specific problem or fields? they're going to be in a different order because it's two different programs saving the file, but the important thing is they're both still compatible with each other.

DarkKniyt (John)

Luke,

This actually started when I was having issues with trying to update the 3D-Format in MetaBrowser.

I found that when I updated the filed to HSBS and saved it was not showing in the EMBY MetaData app. The filed was empty.

I then Did a save in EMBY without adding HSBS to the field and when I looked in MetaBrowser the field is now empty.

When I add HSBS in EMBY and save it then go to MetaBrowser, the field shows HSBS.

I am also having a sinilar issue with the Original-Title field.

I will look closer at the xml files for specific differences and post in a while.

DarkKniyt (John)

One thing I've found so far is that there is no Original-Title tag in the EMBY save xml.

I found that when I updated the filed to HSBS and saved it was not showing in the EMBY MetaData app. The filed was empty.
I then Did a save in EMBY without adding HSBS to the field and when I looked in MetaBrowser the field is now empty.
When I add HSBS in EMBY and save it then go to MetaBrowser, the field shows HSBS.

After you make a change with metabrowser allow up to 60 seconds for the change to be processed in Emby Server. That might be what happened there.

DarkKniyt (John)

OK, tried this and no difference.

I also tried the change in MetaBrowser and then did a Library Scan. Once completed there is still no entry in the 3D-Format field in EMBY.

DarkKniyt (John)

What do you mean by "the way they are saved"?

I add HSBS to the field in MetaBrowser and click on SAVE.

I click on SAVE in EMBY.

I also tried REFRESH in EMBY with the same results.

DarkKniyt (John)

Still not following?

If you're asking to compare the files, I have.

After saving in MetaBrowser I verified the <Format3D> tag contains HSBS.

After viewing the MetaData in EMBY, the HSBS entry is missing.

I then save the file and there is no <Format3D> tag at all.

I then re-add HSBS to the field in EMBY and save it.

Open the xml and the tag and HSBS is in it.

DarkKniyt (John)

I've also found that the same thing is happening with the Aspect Ratio (Original Aspect Ratio in EMBY).

Edited by DarkKniyt (John)

Do you have MetaBrowser monitoring for changes at the same time that we are?

good point, probably. it sounds like both apps are working fine individually it's just getting changes in sync between the two that are the problem.

fatal

Hey,

metabrowser does not monitor changes in xml files, and even if it did, it wouldn't re-write it.  metabrowser doesn't re-read or access the xml/nfo file until it is needed and doesn't save any changes unless the user is running something or manually saving.

Maybe if John can attach the xml saved by metabrowser that does not work correctly in mb3 you guys can take a look.

Take Care

• Like 3

DarkKniyt (John)

Metabrowser only saves changes when I save, nothing automatically processes.

There are a number of differences in how Emby and Metabrowser saves data and the xml file.

The Original-Aspect-Ratio, the 3D-Format. (These two tags are not being read properly by Emby from a Metabrowser saved xml.

Original-Title tag is in Metabrowser xml, not in Emby xml

Emby also saves TV Thumbs under the Season folder, Metabrowser saves them in the Metadata folder.