Emby Theater

Luke

candybar213
Just wondering does mbt support trailers yet as in trailers for our movie collection? I just use the streaming option for trailers, and was hoping in mbt it could play the trailers like xbmc by streaming also.

Is only local trailers supported in mbt? And if so will we ever see streaming trailer option in mbt? I prefer not to download them if i dont have to.

Are you talking about something different than the trailers plug in sounds like exactly the same thing

The Candybar213

Koleckai Silvestri

Just wondering does mbt support trailers yet as in trailers for our movie collection? I just use the streaming option for trailers, and was hoping in mbt it could play the trailers like xbmc by streaming also.

Is  only local trailers supported in mbt? And if so will we ever see streaming trailer option in mbt? I prefer not to download them if i dont have to.

MBT only supports local trailers for your library. There is no way to guarantee that a remote trailer is available at play time.

If you use the Trailers plugin, you can tell it to go out and try to find trailers for your content, download and store it with the movie. It will store it either in a trailer subdirectory or with the -trailer suffix, depending on your settings.

So mini announcement here - we have a number of things in development so i haven't wanted to push updates with things in progress. But I have four contributors helping me now, so we have fixes for the video player, the slide out panel, and now we have an on-screen keyboard allowing for data entry purely with a remote. Hopefully we'll be able to push an update in the next week or so.

52c712405fa1b_Untitled1.png

• Like 8

Ghostm

MBT only supports local trailers for your library. There is no way to guarantee that a remote trailer is available at play time.

If you use the Trailers plugin, you can tell it to go out and try to find trailers for your content, download and store it with the movie. It will store it either in a trailer subdirectory or with the -trailer suffix, depending on your settings.

Hmmm xbmc seems to accomplish this without that issue, i have not came across a trailer that did not exist and they stream the trailers from youtube. I would personally like to see a streaming option in MBT for my own movies, i did a search and luke will have to correct me but he said in november he just has not had time to dabble in the streaming trailer stuff. Maybe i misinterpreted it though. I would prefer unless theirs good reason not to allow streaming trailers, instead of having to locally add more stuff to my folders. And since the streaming trailers are available in the web browser client, I dont know why it couldnt be added to MBT, i assume the plugin itself handles it, and just serves the url to the clients....unless i am missing something. If this simply will never be added to MBT I will accept it and go ahead and locally store trailers but if its in the pipeline to allow streaming trailers for my media I would prefer just to wait.

And yes I am aware of the trailer plugin, But I have it set to stream trailers and not download them. 

Edited by Ghostm

New build up for you guys:

- fixed re-size crash in video player

- added slide out menu (not 100% complete. the view and sorting settings still need to be moved into there)

- added onscreen keyboard. try it out with your remote on the settings screens.

• Like 1

- added slide out menu (not 100% complete. the view and sorting settings still need to be moved into there)

Sorry Luke, how do I access the onscreen keyboard? Button mashing seemed to have no effect for me.. haha

I tried it in the external player setup, when i selected the textbox with my remote, no keyboard came up, and I was only able to input numbers. Currently running v3.0.5115.33569

shaefurr

I tried it in the external player setup, when i selected the textbox with my remote, no keyboard came up, and I was only able to input numbers. Currently running v3.0.5115.33569

Yeah I havnt had it show up yet in the external players either. Try it in the network settings instead

Yeah I havnt had it show up yet in the external players either. Try it in the network settings instead

Got it, cool! Looks good guys, can't wait to be able to map it to a remote button for searching for titles ;) I hope once this gets fully implemented it won't make triple-tap obsolete though, since IMO, the on-screen keyboard will be best for inputting text into a textbox (settings menus, passwords, etc.) and some people may like it for browsing their collection, I still think the fastest way to find a title with a remote is just using triple tap to get to the first letter.

Another idea that maybe you guys have though of, which would make use of an onscreen keyboard for searching a collection would be something like this: (extremely rough mock-up I just made in paint, lol)

52cc2ac834ec6_mockup.jpg

This way, the user could quickly and easily navigate to a certain point in the collection using the remote by selecting a letter to go to, as well as use chevrons (I know those aren't actually chevrons in the mock up) to quickly cycle through titles, by skipping through the collection at a set amount of titles (ex: skip ahead 5 or so each time the user clicks on a chevron)

I think this idea, if made prettier than my mock-up, could be something that stays on the screen (may not work properly for users that use poster view), or could be brought up by a mapped key or button. If on the screen permanently, the user could navigate to the keyboard by just pressing "Down" on the remote, and pressing it once more would navigate to the chevrons, or vice versa.

EDIT: Don't mind the duplicate title in the top-left corner of the image, that was a "paint" error by me, since not having layers to work with sucks haha. (Haven't re-installed Photoshop since my reformat)

Edited by pmac
  • Like 1

lorac

Triple Tap is mostly useful for smaller collections & tv shows.  For large movie collections it is too slow.

pagali

Triple Tap is mostly useful for smaller collections & tv shows.  For large movie collections it is too slow.

It might be slower than smaller collections & tv shows, but it sure as heck would be better than just manually scrolling through 600 movies! :D

• Like 1

Seems to have fixed the slideshow crash I was having as well. Maybe just coincidental.

An option to disable the on screen keyboard would be nice. It's MUCH too small on my screen to be of any use, and we have a BT keyboard we use. If I missed the option my apologies. Is there a screenshot hotkey so I can show you the size?

Edited by robnix

SikSlayer

It'll be a little while before you guys get this in a build, but i think you'll like the slide out panel that we're working on.

52b333b693fae_Untitled.png

I have one minor issue with the slide out panel. I put my full name as the user name, and so it looks funky, as well as cropped.

Maybe if the name could scroll?

Edited by SikSlayer

Is there a screenshot hotkey so I can show you the size?

"Print Screen" or "PrntScrn" in the top-right corner of your keyboard, next to the "Pause/Break" Key. Then you can open up something like "Paint" and just hit paste, then save the file.

Latchmor

The Snipping Tool is my favourite, I use it almost everyday. I just snipped this! Look,

52cdaf8b9bb55_Capture.png

• Like 1

space2001

Just thought of another option for 3D.  Can MBT include a MVC Decoder?  Then I would transfer my 3D ISO to 3D mkv full frame.  Just a thought.  I don't know if this costs money though, although being just a codec I cannot see why it's payable.  If it costs then have it as an addon for a cost, I'm sure there are people that would pay for the feature.

playing 3d-mvc-mkv in frame packing would be amazing. You would never have to leave MB3

ernstgot

I know its still in beta, but are there any Dev. making themes for theater?  I for one would love to test out some themes?  I use MB3 classic and love the Breeze theme.  Especially  if raspberry pi can be used as a client for theater, it would be great to just power it from the TV usb port and tape it to the back and run live tv while also browsing my media collection.  I would donate to a raspberry pi developer so we can do this.

playing 3d-mvc-mkv in frame packing would be amazing. You would never have to leave MB3

Just out of curiosity, what TV's are you guys using for 3D? I've never needed any special decoding or software or anything for tv, my TV just senses 3D content and converts it on the fly, or I press a button to go to 3D mode. I was just wondering, since I see a lot of posts about people using software/decoders for 3D, and as this is my first/only 3D tv, I don't know anything about other brands/types of 3D tv's.

Sorry, I know that's a little OT, just looking for a quick response.

Edited by pmac

Koleckai Silvestri

You can do screenshots in Windows by pressing Print Screen and then pasting that into a graphics application if available. Alt-Printscreen will only screenshot the active window.

On your htpc with your bluetooth keyboard do:

1) Press "Print Screen"

2) Press Winkey+R

3) Type mspaint in the dialog box.

4) Press CTRL-V on the keyboard. 

5) Save the image.

Don't know of any direct function within MBT for a screenshot though.

I like the slide out panel and on screen keyboard. I dont know what kind of communication exists between devs and all the clients available but it would be nice if the phone guys would be able to get the on screen phone keyboards to work with the MBT one like xbmc does now. Hopefully they are aware of new features as luke adds them and have the available information to add them to their own app so it integrates with the entire mb3 ecosystem. 

Just a quick thing to add to feature requests (and to bring up, in general I guess). Anyone here heard of xin1 generator? Basically, if a disc has multiple versions linked by seamless branching (e.g. theatrical cut and director's cut on same disc), it lets you put both in one file, and if you're using a program like mpc-hc, it let's you select which version to watch. Compared to, say, makemkv, the file takes up slightly more space than either one of the versions on its own. The bring up in general is the make the community aware of it, in case anyone feels like using it in their collection.

The feature request on the other hand (and I apologize for it taking this long to get to this) - the way the program works, it currently isn't able to work with mbt - the versions aren't different video tracks, they arrange the chapters around to make it work. Basically, the request idea is this - find a way to make that switching an option in mbt. I'm sorry I can't be more help, I just found out about it a few days ago and figured I'd share it with the community and see where it goes.