Emby Theater

Luke

CloudVader

I too am anxiously awaiting Delete functionality since I use my HTPC as a DVR for several series. In fact, the missing delete function is the only thing keeping me from using MBT exclusively.

Anyway to reboot the server from within media browser theatre? I ask cause I get an error "there was an error processing that request" which a server reboot normally fixs be a lot easier if I could do this within mbt.

i promise a server reboot won't make a difference, unless you're talking about the server computer due to an issue with your machine.

gillmacca

This is part feature request and a question.

When watching movies, trailers are shown before hand. Is there a way to skip to the next trailer?

Would it be possible to add a quick play button, so it will just play the movie without trailers

Shaun

This is part feature request and a question.

When watching movies, trailers are shown before hand. Is there a way to skip to the next trailer?

Would it be possible to add a quick play button, so it will just play the movie without trailers

The skip to next play item will be in the next build. It will do exactly what you want

• Like 1

tmservo

I'm playing with the current build and see a lot to like.

I'm using this as a front end in my main theater soon.   So, here's the question I have.. my display device is a Sony ES600.. so I'm always outputting 4K.   So far, even when I chose for this to auto-start with Windows (I'm using 8.1) it does, but it never auto-starts full screen.   Seemingly only taking a 1920x1080 box.. is there a way to adjust this to make sure it starts full screen everytime on any reboot?

Thanks.

Edited by tmservo

Shaun

I'll have a look at the code, but I only have a 1920x1080 screen so if I cant find anything obviously screwy in the code I don't know if It will be any help

please ignore - I replied to the wrong message

Edited by Shaun

Swynol

anybody?

not sure what you mean here. usually you would set pro logic on your amp/avr. 

Swynol

just a quick one, this has only started happening since the last Beta update but after restarting the PC that MBS is installed on, when it boots back up MBS loads but all my files appear Offline. i check MBS and its scanning my Library. After the scan is finished all my items are still offline, i have to manually start a scan for them to re-appear online again. 

Koleckai Silvestri

just a quick one, this has only started happening since the last Beta update but after restarting the PC that MBS is installed on, when it boots back up MBS loads but all my files appear Offline. i check MBS and its scanning my Library. After the scan is finished all my items are still offline, i have to manually start a scan for them to re-appear online again. 

Sounds like a server issue, not a theater issue.

foghat

The skip to next play item will be in the next build. It will do exactly what you want

A 'quick play' option would be great as well. For those times one wants to bypass mbintros.

Mopar_Mudder

the play button on your remote should do that. if it doesn't, that's the intention so it eventually will.

As of right now it doesn't. Tried to use it last night and it just plays your intros like normal.

gillmacca

the play button on your remote should do that. if it doesn't, that's the intention so it eventually will.

I use mbt via a laptop, with keyboard, so, a quick play button would be helpful for me, but not sure if there are enough people who would want it, to warrant adding it

well not only enough people, but also enough screen real estate. i suppose maybe in a popup menu. but really even without quick play we're talking one or two button presses to skip over the intros.

Swynol

If I have the movie theme music plugin installed and try to quick play something it just pauses the the theme music. Is this intentional?

david3663

not sure what you mean here. usually you would set pro logic on your amp/avr. 

There is an option in the audio settings for mixing where you can choose pro logic but it does nothing.

Edited by david3663

Koleckai Silvestri

Why not something like "CTRL-P" plays the highlighted item? Or a right-click context menu? You don't need screen real estate for this. Once playback is started, the OSD will allow you to control the item. Or you can even go a route similar to the Web Client and popup an overlay if the mouse lingers over an item too long.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Shaun

Why not something like "CTRL-P" plays the highlighted item? Or a right-click context menu? You don't need screen real estate for this. Once playback is started, the OSD will allow you to control the item. Or you can even go a route similar to the Web Client and popup an overlay if the mouse lingers over an item too long.

If wanted I can

1. Add a quickplay command that will only play the last item in the playlist.

2. Imap it to an obscure key code (CTRL-P is already mapped to play) 

3. Users with programmable remotes can map the keycode

2. When I add command mapping via external xml file, anyone can map it to whatever they please

If there is enough demand, I'll add an enhancement request to our issues list and get around to it sometime in the future

Later on it can be added to a context menu when we implement context menus

BUT

We are in the process of implementing NextTrack for MBT, when it is available (soon) why not just map nexttrack instead and hit play then nexttack to skip the intros or better still, just turn off intros

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

(CTRL-P is already mapped to play)

It is? Doesn't do anything for me in the movie or television views if I have a Latest Movie or Latest Episode highlighted. Doesn't do anything when I am in a television series and have an episode highlighted. Doesn't even do anything if I am in a movie or television detail screen and the play button is highlighted. I can't find anywhere in Theater where pressing CTRL-P does anything. 

Pressing P by itself seems to work everywhere though. I appreciate everything everyone does but can we get a key map of every key in a locked sticky thread somewhere so we know what we should be looking for and testing for?

Edited by Wayne Luke

Shaun

It is? Doesn't do anything for me in the movie or television views if I have a Latest Movie or Latest Episode highlighted. Doesn't do anything when I am in a television series and have an episode highlighted. Doesn't even do anything if I am in a movie or television detail screen and the play button is highlighted. I can't find anywhere in Theater where pressing CTRL-P does anything. 

Pressing P by itself seems to work everywhere though. I appreciate everything everyone does but can we get a key map of every key in a locked sticky thread somewhere so we know what we should be looking for and testing for?

The default key map is still a bit fluid. I've tried to stay compatible with XBMC, but we have some standards that have already diverged. I will set up a sticky thread with

1. High level  design/doc of Commands, Actions and Keycode maps

2. a list of all commands (many are not yet implemented - i.e no action)

3. a list of currently mapped key codes ( KeyCode -> Command)

NOTE - The commands, actions and keycode maps can and will change while the MBT is still under intensive development. Users are very particular about their favorite commands and remote mappings and I dont want to spend my time in fruitless discussion. There will be external mapping infrastructure in-place before too long and then all users are free to map how they will.