Emby Theater

Luke

SikSlayer

I agree 100% with @@AdrianW, just have a check box in settings "Remember Views" and let the user set each view as they go and have MBT remember the setting. No need for anything extravagant, just quick and simple.

I concur. That's all that's needed.

Shaun

Views and Sort order

Chris is going to do the implementation. I think what we are planning is

1. Global options for default view and sort order. (Defaults to Poster Strip & Alphabetical)

2. The ability to change the view and sort order for a particular page (category) until the page is closed

3. The ability to permanently  save #2 for a a particular page (category)

We might implement it in a number of steps as the ui for sort is a pretty big job.

cheshire

I really think this is way more work than is actually required to give people what they want.

Here's my suggestion:

1. Always remember the selected view on every page type
  2. Have a single setting in the options: "Remember sort order"
  3. If the setting is checked then ever page type remembers the sort order when changed, otherwise it returns to alphabetical

I really can't see why anyone would want a view to return to some default setting after changing it.

That sound’s good, it still provides people with folder level view changing. I would add though that somewhere a user can reset it all to one view, in the settings somewhere...

Spaceboy

Just had a look at MBT for the first time in a while, wow! Everything seems to work properly with the remote now, the sub menus are really well done and the CPU usage seems to be very low, certainly compared to MBC, which I have noticed working my nuc quite hard recently. It all looks excellent and is stable from my usage. I look forward to live tv coming to MBT so I can really start to use it instead of WMC.

Well done to all involved!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

saitoh183

I havent gotten a chance to try the latest build of MBT, but has TVShow section (not folder) received the possibility to view favorites like movies?

I love the screen saver and how it uses backdrops.  Anyone else agree using the logo for a movie title instead of the text currently being used for title would make it look really nice?  Sounds like an easy change but I have no idea how to code.  Unless you count:

10 Print "I don't know how to code"

20 goto 10

:P

Shaun

I love the screen saver and how it uses backdrops.  Anyone else agree using the logo for a movie title instead of the text currently being used for title would make it look really nice?  Sounds like an easy change but I have no idea how to code.  Unless you count:

20 goto 10

its a fairly easy change - I'm not sure how good it would look though. Next time I'm doing some work on screen savers (proab in the next few weeks) I'll give it a try

BillW

Shaun,

The screensaver is awesome. Great work. Thanks

My wife caught me on several occasions sitting in front of the tv staring at it. When I told her what I was watching I just got a weird look, shook her head and she left the room.  

Shaun

20 goto 10

Shaun,

The screensaver is awesome. Great work. Thanks

My wife caught me on several occasions sitting in front of the tv staring at it. When I told her what I was watching I just got a weird look, shook her head and she left the room.  

The backdrop screen saver is Luke's work.

I have just updated the screensaver to rotate all backdrops (at least till 10,000) instead of a 100 and updated infrastructure a little bit to allow more Screensavers to be added easily. The great charm of the backdrop screenaver comes from the high quality of the backdrops that MBT retrieves from the Net.

I hope to release a few more screensavers soon, starting with one the will randomly displays all your photos in a simple waterfall pattern

• Like 1

blade005

Shaun,

Any plans to add DELETE functionality for items in MBT?  Would like to see an option for an ADMIN user to be able to turn on this option. I like to use MBT to watch items that I don't intend to keep in my collection and would like the ability to stay in MBT and DELETE the item after viewing.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

That's great to hear about the screen savers.  Also good to hear that I'm not the only one who spends time staring at the MBT eye candy!

Another screensaver idea might be to pull the screens from a trivia directory.  I know people have made up sets of trivia slides to show before movies that would look great.

Shaun

Shaun,

Any plans to add DELETE functionality for items in MBT?  Would like to see an option for an ADMIN user to be able to turn on this option. I like to use MBT to watch items that I don't intend to keep in my collection and would like the ability to stay in MBT and DELETE the item after viewing.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

There is a delete function in the admin web client for the server. Media mangement (add, delete, organize) belong in the server and are administered by the web client. I doubt we would replicate them in MBT.

blade005

There is a delete function in the admin web client for the server. Media mangement (add, delete, organize) belong in the server and are administered by the web client. I doubt we would replicate them in MBT.

I find it a very handy and useful option in MBC. Having to minimize MBT, fire up the Web Client, search for the item and then perform a DELETE is not what I was hoping for. At least it was worth asking about.

Thanks for the reply.

If it is a function that we offer, then MBT will support it. It just has a small audience so I can't say it will be a high priority. But nobody's saying you need to minimize MBT. that's where the dual screen experience comes into play with either smart phone or tablet in hand.

lorac

I'd also like to see the delete function within MBT. I don't think it needs to be a priority, but it certainly is useful.

• Like 1

space2001

I think having a delete function on clients is not a good idea at all.

The server is your media management and that is where everything should be done.

Koleckai Silvestri

Server would need another option for users if clients allow deletion. "Allow Deletion within Client App". I'd set it to no for all accounts, even mine.

I don't like the idea of someone being able to delete from the client at all but do want my account to be able to delete in the server. I simply don't want a niece or nephew accessing my account on an iPad or something and then deleting stuff. Yes, I know about multiple user accounts but incidents happen.

I also think that media management should only occur on the server and not the client.

Edited by Wayne Luke
  • Like 1

blade005

Server would need another option for users if clients allow deletion. "Allow Deletion within Client App". I'd set it to no for all accounts, even mine.

I don't like the idea of someone being able to delete from the client at all but do want my account to be able to delete in the server. I simply don't want a niece or nephew accessing my account on an iPad or something and then deleting stuff. Yes, I know about multiple user accounts but incidents happen.

I also think that media management should only occur on the server and not the client.

I guess I may be on my own with this request.

1. MBC provides this functionality. Can be enabled or disabled in Config Menu.

2. MBS allows you to disable this functionality at the User level. If someone can 'accidentally' access your account through clients and delete, the same could happen at the WebUI. (Assume that a Phone or Tablet would have access to Browser and WebUI as well as client app.)

I just don't have a desire to sit down in the evening with a need for multiple devices (Remote, Phone and/or Tablet) to execute the process of Record a Show, View a Show, Delete a show.

Koleckai Silvestri

1) Don't use MBC myself. I tried it and find the Windows Media Center interface terrible. MBC Themes help a little but not simple enough for my tastes. This thread is about Media Browser Theater though and it shouldn't be an argument that because one client does it, all should. It is poor management in a client/server environment.

2) More of a case where I am in a client and a niece or nephew wants to watch something and walk away for a minute to find stuff deleted. People wouldn't know how to find the Web UI, let alone login as I don't show usernames and my passwords are a minimum of 12 digits. Each family member has their own use and they all have deletion turned off so not worried about that.

I would just sit down, watch a few shows and then delete them a few days later in bulk. That is if I deleted episodes. Only do that when a series is cancelled and no one wants to watch it anymore. Though I do understand that recording through WMC takes a lot more space than it really should.

• Like 1

lorac

It is a nice option to have in the client.  It doesn't need to be mandatory, but sometimes I get double episodes or movies that are nice to delete right away.  

I just don't see why I should need to go somewhere else to manage the media.  When I delete items now I just delete it from the network share or hard drive.  I rarely do anything in the actual MBS.

Xzener

I too would like to see a delete feature. It is well needed for those using MB3 as their DVR. After watching a previously recorded TV show... its nice to simply delete it after completion. Although, its always been an issue where kids are deleting things on accident. I would recommend adding an Admin password popup before an episode/movie can be deleted.

blade005

I too would like to see a delete feature. It is well needed for those using MB3 as their DVR. After watching a previously recorded TV show... its nice to simply delete it after completion. Although, its always been an issue where kids are deleting things on accident. I would recommend adding an Admin password popup before an episode/movie can be deleted.

Xzener,

Agree. That was my original intent of asking for the OPTIONAL feature. I enjoy the MBT experience and would like to use it more extensively for my DVR viewing, but having to leave MBT to delete is not ideal.

KPH123

I agree with you.  I don't want anyone but me deleting media content. 

The Admin password popup idea makes a lot of sense if the developers ultimately decide they want to add a delete feature to MBT.   Content would be protected from unintentional or unknowing deletion. 

If your recommendation is implemented, then I'd also like a server option to prevent any clients from deleting media if possible (Wayne's suggestion).

Edited by KPH123

njoak

My 2 cents: I want delete functionality in MBT but a password would be annoying. Please make it optional in that case.

foghat

Deleting from the client makes perfect sense when you are talking about pvr'd shows.  Makes much less sense, imo, when talking about any other media.