Emby Theater

Luke

Diedrich

@@Diedrich have you explored user management in the server dashboard?

I am familiar with that setting but it's not ideal for senior citizens who can't even remember how to login to their online email account. The best thing I can think of would be to make hiding a login avatar a ET setting rather than a server setting

Guest asrequested

Luke, I think it's time to release....THE KRAKEN! I think the MadVR guys have had enough time. Let's get the new version rolling :D

• Like 2

Yea we can. It's about the time that mpv releases an update so i was hoping to include that, but i guess we don't have to wait.

• Like 4

Diedrich

Request: global setting to show title below movie posters. It's tedious to do this on each movie page and for each user.

UI fix: after finishing a movie, it takes you back to your movies list but it's ALL movies, and not grouped into collections and doesn't have the movie top navigation menu.

Diedrich

I'm a Kodi convert. I'm loving ET and the cohesiveness of the Emby ecosystem. One thing I feel like I'm missing in ET is an automatic jump back after a pause. In Kodi, there is an awesome plugin called Unpause Jumpback. It is configurable so that you can set how many seconds a video will rewind after X amount of seconds of pause. I would set 10 seconds jumpback for 8 seconds of pause. It also has a function to jumpback X seconds after FF or RW. It's a super useful plugin and I'd love to see the jumpback feature come to ET. Thanks for all your hard work!

It already is supported in the Windows Store app, however we haven't added it to the desktop app yet.

Starlionblue

You have to leave the app running and eventually it will download the update.

I have been doing so, but my ET installations still say "2.9.6", just as they did before 10 February.  :unsure:

daedalus

Thanks. However, that's still 2.9.6. Luke said a new version now available would have a bunch of features like the three dot menu stuff. I was expecting that to update into.

things like this don't necessarily need a new base version, most of this is done by auto updating the default "skin/theme" without any user interaction/control

2.9.7 has been released and is up on the website. It should resolve some window-related problems such as loss of focus with external players and things of that nature. As mentioned before, this also removes madvr. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

swhitmore

2.9.7 has been released and is up on the website. It should resolve some window-related problems such as loss of focus with external players and things of that nature. As mentioned before, this also removes madvr. Thanks guys.

Thanks @@Luke. I noticed that you added a Fullscreen button in the video overlay for the UWP app. Is it possible to make the app fullscreen by default when you open?

mrfaulk

probably a dumb question, but does any of this impact the android emby theater, i.e. does the android version benefit from any of these updates? thanks!

Mobius

First thanks for the latest update to 2.9.7. Always appreciate the work involved
That aside; the latest update has removed my ability to customise ET to my liking.

I've been customising certain elements of ET using the 'windowstyle.css' file. It has now been removed and is no longer recognised if I add it back.

Among other edits; I remove the 'tutti-fruity' colouring (See screenshots below), which I find 'cheapens' the look of the Emby-Theater app and for me makes it irritating to look at.

Is it possible to re-include the windowsstyles.css so that I can once again customise the interface to my liking?

More than happy to make a $30USD donation, or more if you feel it is warranted, to give me back the ability to remove the colour.

Personally, having the choice of whether you want the colour or not would make a great option under settings in my opinion.

Sorry to rant on a bit, but I must emphasis that I really find the colouring ugly and it distracts from an otherwise very professional and clean looking interface.

Cheers. :)

5a9fe4604edcf_EmbylayoutBeforeandafter29

5a9fe4a592a4e_EmbylayoutBeforeandafter29

probably a dumb question, but does any of this impact the android emby theater, i.e. does the android version benefit from any of these updates? thanks!

Yes it will.

Latchmor

Hi Luke, I've lost the OSD on 2 separate installs. It's there in the background somewhere as hovering mouse over where the buttons should be shows the hand icon and clicking does pause, skip etc.

Cheers

Edit: I tried re-installing over the top from website but still the same.

Edited by Latchmor
  • Like 1

Latchmor

It seems to be OK in my testing. What version of Windows?

Windows 7. I don't suppose a log will say much but I'm looking at them now...

Latchmor

It seems to be OK in my testing. What version of Windows?

Appear to be having electron errors.

Event 1000 Application Error

Faulting application name: electron.exe, version: 1.8.3.0, time stamp: 0x5a9d90df
Faulting module name: electron.exe, version: 1.8.3.0, time stamp: 0x5a9d90df
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000143d574
Faulting process id: 0x22dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3b654a813880c
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Latchmor\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron\electron.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Latchmor\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron\electron.exe
Report Id: 2ddea5bb-2248-11e8-b3f1-002421eb1e3b

Edit: I'm trying an uninstall/reinstall on one PC.
Edited by Latchmor