Emby Theater

Luke

AdrianW

One issue with all the different sorts - the alpha picker down the side doesn't alter to match the sort.

mrfaulk

i'm using emby theater with my shield pro and am wondering if i can bypass the "summary" page whenever i select a heading... for example if i select "hero" i don't want to see collections, continue watching, latest movies, etc., etc. instead i would like to see the poster page for the category, the view you get when you click "all movies"...

this is what i see when i select a header category:

3CHEXuS.png

this is what i'd like to see.... in fact it would be great if this was the first page you saw (instead of the "summary" page) when you clicked a header category, even greater if it included all of the header categories at the top, even greater if when you scrolled through the header categories the poster view would automatically change to the corresponding header / poster view without having to actually select the header category (like kodi widgets), and even greater if you could hide or disable movies, suggestions, unwatched, favorites etc. categories....

dVCetut.png

Personally, I like Emby's Home Screen layout on ET as it differentiates Emby from everything else out there; that noted, having the larger right-hand side box go to a sub category that is user selectable would be better. Sometimes when I click on a movie displayed there it changes a split second before I click and I end up somewhere unexpected and not desired.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

mrfaulk

@@mrfaulk you may want to consider switching to the vertical home screen in display settings.

yes, i've tried this before, but it didn't strike me as a finished product, thought it was an option that was still being fleshed out, for shield anyway? here's what my home screen looks like when i select vertical, is this how it's supposed to look? overlapping, different sized text boxes, no movie art?

but this would be great if when you hovered over a category the category posters would display.

Y3mXrzg.png

Use the web app to configure your home screen settings. We'll get these settings into Theater soon as well. You're only seeing those buttons without art because that's how you configured it.

mrfaulk

Personally, I like Emby's Home Screen layout on ET as it differentiates Emby from everything else out there; that noted, having the larger right-hand side box go to a sub category that is user selectable would be better. Sometimes when I click on a movie displayed there it changes a split second before I click and I end up somewhere unexpected and not desired.

i agree, it is an attractive layout, but i'd like to see the same layout with categories that are more meaningful to me, for example i don't need to see suggestions or recently added...having the ability to edit/change what appears int his area would be great... i'm also not too crazy about the "collections" folder, it looks so out of place to me, would be nice if it showed a movie poster instead of a folder...

btw, do you get blank sections on the right site when you scroll to different header categories? here's what i get whenever i scroll to a different category, suggestion blocks are missing cover art, the only way to fill them is by scrolling all the way to the end and then (far right) and then returning all the way left....

61J3jyo.png

Use the web app to configure your home screen settings. We'll get these settings into Theater soon as well. You're only seeing those buttons without art because that's how you configured it.

thanks, forgot about that, will check it out again.

I get those blank sections but they fill in as the metadata or picture is retrieved. Sometimes I don't wait around long enough to worry about it but if you are on the screen for a while it will fill in. I notice it a lot less since the .net core server rolled out.

BTW, it looks like you created a lot of categories in your library. Are those all separated into distinct folders in your file structure? I did start on this route, starting with my Bond 007 movies but then just went to doing it with genres in the metadata manager itself.

This brings up a feature request, @@Luke . Is it possible to have the top bar be sorted by genre in addition to the libraries already shown (LiveTV, Series, Movies, etc)?

BTW, it looks like you created a lot of categories in your library. Are those all separated into distinct folders in your file structure? I did start on this route, starting with my Bond 007 movies but then just went to doing it with genres in the metadata manager itself.

This brings up a feature request, @@Luke . Is it possible to have the top bar be sorted by genre in addition to the libraries already shown (LiveTV, Series, Movies, etc)?

What top bar? 

You can put those in any order you want. Use the web app.

Not order but rather adding in Genres in addition to library items from Server > Libraries.

He's asking for dynamic categories based on genres, and yes smart playlists could do that in the future.

• Like 1

mrfaulk

any way to get the et app category boxes to look as uniform/nice as the web app?

vLpFr6v.png

G8aAwca.png

EDIT - looks  like a font thing, seems like all would be well if i could select a smaller font, is this possible?

Edited by mrfaulk

mrfaulk

yes, i used to do it the way you're doing it but decided to go the separate folder route when i was playing around with a kodi skin that was driven by widgets ((fuse) neue, a really nice skin), it just made it much easier to define categories the way i wanted, and it was much easier than working with smart playlists, and favorites, just add a folder when adding media, name it, and bam....

mrfaulk

Try restarting the app

mucho mejor, gracias! and at the risk of going to the well too often, is there any way you can knock the poster art headings (my media, latest family, latest sci fi, etc.) down a couple of font notches? or is this something i can do in settings somewhere? thanks again!

3w2YYPt.png

mrfaulk

haven't had a chance to play with emby for quite a while, i forgot how awesome it is,it really is, you guys have done a tremendous job....

a couple of questions... i don't seem to be seeing the backdrop art on the et app, works fine with the web app, have the box clicked on both... also, is there a way to hide movie name and dates? i seem to remember this capability, maybe it was with the non-theater version?

AdrianW

... also, is there a way to hide movie name and dates? i seem to remember this capability, maybe it was with the non-theater version?

Yes, look for the three-dot menu towards the top right, you can uncheck titles and years.

mrfaulk

Yes, look for the three-dot menu towards the top right, you can uncheck titles and years.

thanks for your reply, have that one down already, was referring to the home page, any way to do the same for the home page?