Emby Theater

Luke

Diedrich

TV mode is designed for use with a remote control. I don't think those buttons make sense in that situation.

The other modes are not 10-foot UIs. Not all TV viewers use a left/right remote, some of us use a trackpad or mouse. Even so, would adding them negatively impact the remote users?
  • Like 1

Starlionblue

TV mode is designed for use with a remote control. I don't think those buttons make sense in that situation.

I agree with that from a UI design standpoint. However I'd kill to have the info, watched and fave functionality back for individual episodes.

Of course, one way of fixing that is to give us detail view back as an option.  ;)  Sorry about the nagging.

yardameus

Not having the menu available in TV mode makes it impossible to add subtitles or things like that, which I was very excited about when those options were first added.

Starlionblue

Is there a Home button / keyboard shortcut in desktop ET in TV mode on a computer ?

Don't know if it is what you are looking for by you can always click/select your user icon (by the clock). This will open up the top menu and the leftmost option is "Home".

arrbee99

Don't know if it is what you are looking for by you can always click/select your user icon (by the clock). This will open up the top menu and the leftmost option is "Home".

Thanks. Well not really. However, you did inspire me to try something which is now dazzlingly obvious - I pressed this button on the keyboard marked Home, and thats exactly what it does - who'd have thunk  :)

Starlionblue

Thanks. Well not really. However, you did inspire me to try something which is now dazzlingly obvious - I pressed this button on the keyboard marked Home, and thats exactly what it does - who'd have thunk  :)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

We've all been there.

AdrianW

The 3-dot menu, info, watched and favorite icons are missing in ET episode view.

If you navigate via "Next Up", either from the home screen or from a series screen, then the episode details screen has all of those buttons, plus scene selections.

But, I did prefer it when clicking enter on the episode listing screen went to the episode detail screen instead of starting playback.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

AdrianW

You can also always right click

That gives options like play, play all from here, edit info, etc. But no way to navigate to the details screen. 

And, anyway, right-clicking is a bit tricky with a remote.

paulsalter

I miss those options also

Wish there was a setting somewhere so that we could get the previous layout of Season view, and selecting an item took you to the item details

AdrianW

Wish there was a setting somewhere so that we could get the previous layout of Season view, and selecting an item took you to the item details

Previously when you wanted to go to the details screen you could just hit enter (or OK) and if you wanted to play, then you hit play - best of both worlds and keeps everyone happy. I can't understand why that screen was ever changed from that behaviour.

• Like 1

paulsalter

Previously when you wanted to go to the details screen you could just hit enter (or OK) and if you wanted to play, then you hit play - best of both worlds and keeps everyone happy. I can't understand why that screen was ever changed from that behaviour.

Thats exactly how i wish it still was

I much prefer seeing all the details before playing

You'll notice the movie list and tv list screens have a new 3-dot button. this is the beginnings of a view menu for that screen that will allow you to customize and make it your own. the settings will be saved on the server which means they will work across multiple installations.

For example @@AdrianW, you'll be able to hide the movie titles from under the posters if that's what you prefer.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

randomevents

From a 10 foot UI control scheme, ET is the only one (WMC, Kodi, PMP) missing the keyboard shortcut to toggle fullscreen (from previous order-: Alt+Enter, \ , Shift + F11/F11/Alt + Enter).

What I actually stopped by to ask;

Am I overlooking the option or is there a command line option to show the login screen when starting instead of doing the last user?

Is there a command line option so that ET restarts when there's an update? I'm getting funky behavior when the app (UI JSON?) auto updates (can't browse All sections) that a restart fixes.

Starlionblue

From a 10 foot UI control scheme, ET is the only one (WMC, Kodi, PMP) missing the keyboard shortcut to toggle fullscreen (from previous order-: Alt+Enter, \ , Shift + F11/F11/Alt + Enter).

What I actually stopped by to ask;

Am I overlooking the option or is there a command line option to show the login screen when starting instead of doing the last user?

Is there a command line option so that ET restarts when there's an update? I'm getting funky behavior when the app (UI JSON?) auto updates (can't browse All sections) that a restart fixes.

AFAIK there is no option to default to the login screen. I'd love one though, especially if it auto-logged out whenever the computer woke from sleep. I always have to remember to log my user out so the kids don't get to the horror movies and such.

I have the same experience with updates. Restart fixes it. I assigned a soft button on my Harmony remote to the command "shutdown /r /t 5". (Restart Windows in 5 seconds and force shut down any running applications.) With ET set to auto-start, my kids can just press it and get a clean running ET.

AdrianW

AFAIK there is no option to default to the login screen.

There definitely is - the login screen comes up every time I start ET.

The setting for this is a bit unintuitive - you'll need to start ET, then logout and choose the manual login option - there should be a checkbox for "remember me" (or something similar) - make sure that's unchecked, type your user name and login. Then the next time you start ET you'll get the login screen.

• Like 1

Starlionblue

The setting for this is a bit unintuitive - you'll need to start ET, then logout and choose the manual login option - there should be a checkbox for "remember me" (or something similar) - make sure that's unchecked, type your user name and login. Then the next time you start ET you'll get the login screen.

Oops. I got confused. I meant when waking from sleep only.

Also as you say not completely intuitive.

Edited by Starlionblue

randomevents

That's bloody clever. I was going to call bs because of easy pin, but it's working as you described (did the method and killed it ~10 times with various users)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there no longer an option to sort movies by date? There used to be a section called timeline I recall which provided this. Maybe i'm missing something obvious?

AdrianW

When starting playback ET displays the backdrop for the TV show being played - is there any chance of getting it to randomly choose one of the backdrops when there are multiple available?

(i.e. it always seems to show "backdrop.jpg" but I'd like it to randomly choose from backdrop.jpg, backdrop1.jpg, backdrop2.jpg etc.)

• Like 1