Emby Theater

Luke

rewsteruk

@@Luke Yes exclusive is on, did @ confirm it is not working?, where is this log file located.

Guest asrequested

@@Luke Yes exclusive is on, did @ confirm it is not working?, where is this log file located.

It's disabled for music, but it works for videos

rewsteruk

@ Thanks for confirming that, where is location of the log or info below found? 

[ao/wasapi] Trying 7.1(wide) s16 @ 44100hz (shared) -> ok

ShoutingMan

Version 2.7.6 brings a few important improvements:

[*]We have reverted to an older version of Electron. This has restored the 60fps animation in the UI that you were previously accustomed to. We have noticed that in some limited environments, newer versions of Electron are not reaching 60fps and this is resulting in degraded UI performance. If you have been noticing this then you will want to update asap.

Enjoy.

I noticed the UI had slowed down recently. I look forward to checking out 2.7.6! Edited by ShoutingMan

• 2 weeks later...

Some changes to the Live TV OSD are headed up, to make the time display look more like Windows Media Center:

593af905cd2d8_Untitled.png

Enjoy.

• Like 2

Sammy

Some changes to the Live TV OSD are headed up, to make the time display look more like Windows Media Center:

593af905cd2d8_Untitled.png

Enjoy.

Last night, this overlay was not visible during playback at all. I should have taken a screen grab but it was getting late and I didn't have time to do so this morning. All that was visible was the || and << >> symbols and a dot where the progress bar usually appears. My server was upgraded to 3.2.20 this morning so it may not be repeatable but I thought I'd make mention of it. This would have happened around 9:00 in the attached log.

Thanks.

Server Log 20170611.txt

Edited by Sammy

ronvp

Just tried ET (again). Default skin stops playing live TV when I hit the back button. The new flextuary skin keeps playing the TV channel when I hit the back button to go to the guide.  BTW, hats of to @@flexage for this great skin!! 

and then there is this (after my 9th attempt and 3.5 years): still today the most basic live TV remote functions do not work i.e.: Channel up down, entering a channel directly. When in the guide, have to hit play instead of Select. So ET is still not usable to watch TV in the living room.

Edited by ronvp
  • Like 2

Just tried ET (again). Default skin stops playing live TV when I hit the back button. The new flextuary skin keeps playing the TV channel when I hit the back button to go to the guide.  BTW, hats of to @@flexage for this great skin!! 

and then there is this (after my 9th attempt and 3.5 years): still today the most basic live TV remote functions do not work i.e.: Channel up down, entering a channel directly. When in the guide, have to hit play instead of Select. So ET is still not usable to watch TV in the living room.

I have to agree with this also, as much as I love emby server and the various clients these missing aspects of emby theater do stop me from using it.

swhitmore

Hey @@Luke I found the source of one of the crashes in the UWP app. Everytime I play a movie with a video backdrop, the app crashes straight away.

I'm thinking of removing video backdrops all together. There is also an issue with them playing after a video starts. Would there be a way to temporarily remove them or disable them? Maybe rename all the backdrop folders?

Mopar_Mudder

I have noticed the same thing in the past. Haven't noticed it recently but I don't think I have played a movie with a video backdrop. I did really test it but I thought that it seemed to happen if you hit play before the backdrop stated playing. As long as it was playing the backdrop the movie started fine.

swhitmore

Just checked and it's happening to tv shows when resuming a video with a video backdrop

I have noticed the same thing in the past. Haven't noticed it recently but I don't think I have played a movie with a video backdrop. I did really test it but I thought that it seemed to happen if you hit play before the backdrop stated playing. As long as it was playing the backdrop the movie started fine.

Thanks this is good info that should help me track it down.

flexage

Thanks, if there's any particular features you'd like to suggest, feel free to add them to the FeatHub link found in the OP on the Flextuary thread. Something like a setting to choose the default action of the select button could probably accomplish what you're looking for and if might be something I could add. Not sure about Ch Up and Down during playback though, that would require investigation. If you add them to the link I'd be more than happy to look at them when I get chance ;)

flexage

Thanks @@flexage and @@ronvp !

Luke, what would be an example of a good remote for testing ET with while I develop. I've been just using the keyboard on my Dev rig.

I'm assuming we have a context menu mapping on the keyboard/remote somewhere like we used to with MB2?

That way I could make a setting to default the default select action on the guide to be play, and could use the context menu button to show options such as record, etc...

Luke, what would be an example of a good remote for testing ET with while I develop. I've been just using the keyboard on my Dev rig.

I'm assuming we have a context menu mapping on the keyboard/remote somewhere like we used to with MB2?

That way I could make a setting to default the default select action on the guide to be play, and could use the context menu button to show options such as record, etc...

Whatever remote people here are using I guess. Just search for MCE remote on Amazon and grab whatever is popular.

• Like 1

swhitmore

Whatever remote people here are using I guess. Just search for MCE remote on Amazon and grab whatever is popular.

Most people here with use a MCE remote or a Logitech Harmony remote mapped as a MCE remote. I personally recommend the Harmony 650 or 700 (basically the same but the 700 lets you charge with a cable).

• Like 2

aptalca

Most people here with use a MCE remote or a Logitech Harmony remote mapped as a MCE remote. I personally recommend the Harmony 650 or 700 (basically the same but the 700 lets you charge with a cable).

I would actually recommend the harmony hub (perhaps with the dumb remote). Those things are awesome

• Like 1