Emby Theater

Luke

AdrianW

Is it just me or does ET start playback a bit quicker now?

Previously I'd hit play, the screen would go black and my TV's refresh rate would change then the ET detail screen would appear again and finally playback would start. But today the quick re-display of the detail screen didn't occur on multiple occasions - playback seemed to start between 1 and 2 seconds quicker.

@@denz as requested i'm doing a slight re-order of the detail screen buttons to reduce clicks required to get to the delete button. enjoy.

Can't wait to see it I have been doing all my deleting in the web client as I felt a repatitive strain injury coming on from all buttons I had to press just to delete something. I can see the changes in the web client I would still have it one button closer to the play button for recorded tv only.

Now just need the recording channel to appear and blur to disappear the detail screen will look good. 

I think little bugs need to be fixed like when you delete something it doesn't take you to the screen you were just in they have been long overdue to fix.

Edited by denz

Great news. I've pushed an update for Emby Theater on Sony PS4. The Live TV Guide layout issues have been resolved and the guide is now equivalent to what you see on other platforms. Enjoy.

It is better but still too many clicks since moving it next to play is not an option (even for recorded tv where it is obvious choice) can it default to Delete instead of cancel that way it will cut one click. You wouldn't be clicking delete if you didn't want to delete there are accidental presses but I think they will be pretty rare.

blade005

@@Luke

Emby Server: 3.1.277 beta

ET Desktop: 2.5.37

The prompt for START AT BEGINNING or RESUME PLAYBACK is not present when a video is started that has a resume point. It just plays from the RESUME point without any prompting. Is that by design?  

I wasn't a big fan of the prompt, but an option to restart at beginning would be nice. I know you are trying to unify the look across multiple platforms and manage screen real estate, but WMC adds a RESUME and RESTART button to screen once a video begins playing and then has a resume point.

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

@@Luke

Emby Server: 3.1.277 beta

ET Desktop: 2.5.37

The prompt for START AT BEGINNING or RESUME PLAYBACK is not present when a video is started that has a resume point. It just plays from the RESUME point without any prompting. Is that by design?

I wasn't a big fan of the prompt, but an option to restart at beginning would be nice. I know you are trying to unify the look across multiple platforms and manage screen real estate, but WMC adds a RESUME and RESTART button to screen once a video begins playing and then has a resume point.

i also noticed this recently

Any chance to look at the tv guide issues as it is not usuable at the moment when channels have sports timeslots for 5 6 and more hourse I use current and upcoming as alternative. To schedule recordings i use web client.

Minor visual errors the recording indicator is not the same size bigger one looks better. Emby Theater needs bit of tender and care it feels like it has been left in the cold when you compare it to the web client. 

58894fefdf051_Capture60.jpg

The recording indicator does not appear when you press record but it does appear when you go back into. 

58895009d444e_Capture90.jpg

zero4webb

New user  here and so far I like what I see.  Keep up the good work!  What code do I need to manipulate in order to be able to click on the genres of a movie to be taken directly to that genre listing.  I would also like to take that knowledge and create a link for the actor/actress as well (thinking about removing the thumbnails).  Last but not least, where can I find the code to change the quality of the autofocus and thumbnails in general?  They are stuck on 80/90 percent.  Sorry to be a pain in the rear.  Thanks!

New user  here and so far I like what I see.  Keep up the good work!  What code do I need to manipulate in order to be able to click on the genres of a movie to be taken directly to that genre listing.  I would also like to take that knowledge and create a link for the actor/actress as well (thinking about removing the thumbnails).  Last but not least, where can I find the code to change the quality of the autofocus and thumbnails in general?  They are stuck on 80/90 percent.  Sorry to be a pain in the rear.  Thanks!

Hi there @@zero4webb, welcome ! Check out the instructions on how to create your own skin for Emby Theater:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-302-learn-how-to-create-skins-for-emby-theater/

This starts by forking the default skin, and from there you can make whatever changes you like. Thanks !

zero4webb

Hi there @@zero4webb, welcome ! Check out the instructions on how to create your own skin for Emby Theater:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-302-learn-how-to-create-skins-for-emby-theater/

This starts by forking the default skin, and from there you can make whatever changes you like. Thanks !

I've already started doing that.  I should have mentioned that.  I don't know javascript, but I've managed to find my way around some of the code, but I just can't figure out some of it.  I'll figure it out eventually.  Thanks!

• Like 2

is anyone else having issues playing some things on xbox one? i have some movies and tv that disdplay the backdrop but never start to play, they all work fine in the web client. the dashboard says i have started playing, but it never starts

puithove

is anyone else having issues playing some things on xbox one? i have some movies and tv that disdplay the backdrop but never start to play, they all work fine in the web client. the dashboard says i have started playing, but it never starts

Best thing to do is start your own thread with logs included, see: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

PrincessClevage

i have noticed some scaling issues lately but don't play a large volume of video though the xbox so I have not noticed video issues yet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ShoutingMan

I'm requesting a feature addition to Emby Theater: a way to change the vertical positioning of subtitles in Emby Theater.

I want to raise them up about one line height.

I'm comparing native playback of subtitled movies as discs in PowerDVD to MKV in Emby Theater. Emby theater positions the subtitles significantly lower in the screen than the disc playback does, about one full line lower. This worsens the overall experience. For a letterboxed movie like "Amelie", the subtitles fall across the letterbox boundary in Emby while they're within the movie frame natively. And in all cases (also seen in a 1.85 movie like "Kiki's Delivery Service") the subtitles are too close to the bottom of the screen, farther from the natural viewing location, making it a bit harder to read and watch simultaneously.

denz

Is it possible for live tv now playing and upcoming to display first nine channels in the tv guide.

Have the devs had a chance to look at the tv guide display issues so it is displayed like it does in wmc, kodi and set top boxes.

Then we need mini tv guide.

keep up the awesome work

denz

Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of favourite button what does it do. The watched tick mark i can see indication on thumbnail but favourite button have no idea what to look for. Maybe i am missing something or i cant see the obvious.

Thank you

Edited by denz