Web Client - Collection List Sorting when adding movies to an existing collection

tphillip1120

tphillip1120

The one thing that I have noticed when adding a movie to an existing collection is that when the existing Collection List swings out it is not in alphabetical order. The order seems to be displayed in the order the collections were created. With large collections it sometimes takes a while to scroll though the list and find the collection you would like to add the movie to. If this collection listing was sorted alphabetically, it would be much easier to add movies to an existing collection.

Koleckai Silvestri

If you go into the collection, you can edit it in the Metadata editor. There you can change the release date of that Collection to Sort Name if you wish.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

tphillip1120

I am not referring to how the collections themselves are ordered or displayed in Emby, I am talking about the swing out menu that appears when selecting a movie, clicking the edit icon, clicking on Add To Collection, then clicking on the drop down box that then displays the collection to add the movie to.  This comes into play when you have added your own Movie Collections and want to quickly find the Collection to add the movie to.  When you have a large Collection List you have to scroll through and look at each Collection Name so that you can find the Collection you would like to add the movie to. If this drop down listing was sorted alphabetically, it would be much easier to find an existing collection name.

Koleckai Silvestri

Oh. I just go to the Collections view and click on the collection. Then add items from there. It gives you a search box so if it is a Star Trek collection, just type in Star Trek and it shows all matching items that are not currently in the collection. I find it is much quicker to build them that way. Considering my Marvel Collection has 35 movies, 3 television series and dozens of songs added, adding within the collection itself instead of digging through libraries is much faster.

Though I agree, having the collections in alphabetical order in dropdowns and lists can be useful.

tphillip1120

I understand the way you are doing it, but I usually add my movies from the Latest Movies Section after adding new movies and re-scanning the library.

I guess there is always a different way to skin a cat.