Mediainfo

MSL_DK

It's a shame to make an otherwise readable overview page unmanageable by placing a lot of unnecessary information, I think of subtitles, etc.. It was absolutely perfect without all that. Give us the "media info-list" back. ;)

I think that's a shame ... I really don't care what bitrate movies have, etc.. But I think many would like to know about  DTS-HD Master Audio .. How will the layout look like if the movie has 30 different subtitles .. In my humble opinion, it makes no sense to have this information on a page that tells the story of the movie, when there is plenty of room for an tab with mediainfo.

it only shows the unique languages, so you would need to have 30 different languages. Some inspiration came from here:

http://reviewhorizon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/netflix-screenshot-2.png

Not everyone correlates subtitles with media info

Yea I agree about dts, i would like to display that somewhere, but there's just no space for it at the moment.

If I want to see endless tabs I'll open my web browser.

You will therefore rather scroll a description of the film? I can not see that "endless tab" should be a problem?

528950bc628aa_eks.jpg

Edited by JLPFLD

Yes, with the result that I have to scroll in the description to read the whole thing in this case. I just think the more space to the description of the film, the better. Nails and Skrews in separate box ;)

Redshirt

You will therefore rather scroll a description of the film? I can not see that "endless tab" should be a problem?

528950bc628aa_eks.jpg

A typical details page for me is 6 tabs, 7 if the media info tab returned. I'd prefer to see less tabs not more, while retaining the existing functionality. 

i was thinking the OSD could be a good place for things like dts icons. we're just a little out of room on the detail page right now.

Yes ... I would be pretty sad if there is going to be more info on the details page. But a good idea regarding the OSD and  dts icons.

Wouldn't a DTS or DTS-HD or whatever "icon" (meaning in the same style as the ones already there) fit right here:

52896d058f856_mbtdtspos.png

yea it would fit but there's a couple other fields that are normally there - parental rating & tomato score. i think there's a lot as it is and we have to start thinking about taking something out if a new field is going to go in.

You can also consider removing the Scenes tab, why should it be there when we have the opportunity to select scenes when the movie is playing? And give us media info tab back ;)

But it is just a shortcut to something that is already there. It does not matter if I have to press play + * to find the scene I was looking for. But that's just my opinion.

But it is just a shortcut to something that is already there. It does not matter if I have to press play + * to find the scene I was looking for. But that's just my opinion.

It wouldn't be very intuitive for someone who wants to go to a specific scene/chapter to start playing the movie and then bring up an OSD and then find the scene they want.  That would be, in design-speak a very "undiscoverable" feature - something we strive to avoid.