Roku client questions

LurchZA

LurchZA

Hi all,

A few questions:

1. Where can I find the Roku app in the list of channels on the device?

As I have stated in another thread, I am able to install the beta version, but, when I try install the main release build I get the below error:

post-665-0-84493900-1431622965_thumb.jpg

I see it says it is listed under Personal Media, but, there is no such option when I browse through the Streaming Channels on the device.

2. I have told the device to update and it says that it already is up to date, but the device has been off since before the new Roku client release.

Should it be automatically updating or do I need to go back every time and manually update the Beta from https://owner.roku.com/add/EmbyBeta ?

Does the private beta channel automatically update?

3. Does installing the beta mean it will update only beta releases, or will it update to the public builds as well?

mediacowboy

1. It looks like you will have to search the store on the Roku for the app.

2. Yes the client should auto update unless you are running the beta and then you will have to manual update it every time a new beta is pushed out.

3. Installing the beta update only updates the beta. 

LurchZA

1. It looks like you will have to search the store on the Roku for the app.

2. Yes the client should auto update unless you are running the beta and then you will have to manual update it every time a new beta is pushed out.

3. Installing the beta update only updates the beta. 

Thanks for the feedback.

I was hoping somebody knew what the client was listed under to avoid searching but will have a look.

mediacowboy

If you can wait roughly 5 hours I can look on my Roku. or if someone doesn't beat me to it.

LurchZA

If you can wait roughly 5 hours I can look on my Roku. or if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Thanks for the offer.

I managed to find it, it is listed under Film & TV.

BAS

Roku has also updated their channel store categories, there is a category called personal media and its definitely the quickest way to find Emby for future reference for others as I see you put in the first post. It is interesting that you don't have this category yet, but I imagine it must be a region thing.

Edited by BAS

• 2 years later...

@@LurchZA noticed you are in SA - I have a question regarding emby on ROKU in SA

I have elderly parents in SA and I am UK. I would like to give them access to my emby.

If I buy a Roku device in UK and I set it up here than post it to SA will it work in SA?

can anyone answer this ?

@@LurchZA noticed you are in SA - I have a question regarding emby on ROKU in SA

I have elderly parents in SA and I am UK. I would like to give them access to my emby.

If I buy a Roku device in UK and I set it up here than post it to SA will it work in SA?

can anyone answer this ?

Worldwide access should not be a problem if that's what you mean. Thanks.

Worldwide access should not be a problem if that's what you mean. Thanks.

From our app perspective, no, but we don't know what kind of Regional limits the Roku itself has so we can't be sure one bought in the UK will work in South Africa.

For others reading here just a note that this thread is two years old so any information in it is way out of date :).