Is Emby Connect Broken or The Fire Stick App?

MrGenius1
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

MrGenius1

I have several guest users that are unable to use their Amazon Fire Sticks to connect to the server. I have tried manually inputting the info and it still doesn't go through. When trying to use Emby Connect it says to go to emby.media/pin and enter the pin. We do this and still are unable to connect. The error is invalid user or incorrect password. The username and password are correct because we can use the phone app and the web client. This has been an on going issue trying to figure this out.

Is there paid support? Willing to pay for paid support to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance

Edited by MrGenius1

You are using the phone app and the web client via Emby Connect?

And, you are using them via the exact same network connection as the one that isn't working?

If you are entering the address manually in the app and still getting the PIN screen that suggests that the address is wrong or not reachable from that network connection.  Can you tell me exactly how you are entering it and can you enter that exact same address from a web browser on the same network as the Fire and have it work?

MrGenius1

The Fire Sticks are not on the same network (2 college kids, 1 sister, 1 brother). When I enter the pin and confirm then click next it takes me to the screen where I can see the users that are not hidden and the option to manually connect and the option to Emby Connect again. I have tried putting in the ip manually and end up at the same spot. I have tried selecting a user and get the invalid message. It doesn't even ask for the password. Manually entering any of the users I get the invalid message.

You should not get a user screen when using Connect so that is a symptom of the real problem.

Can they log in with the exact same Connect ID using the web client?  I suspect maybe the user associated with the Connect ID has been disabled either at the forum level or the Emby server level.

MrGenius1

No issues with signing in on web client or any other app just the stick. All users are active on my end.

No issues with signing in on web client or any other app just the stick. All users are active on my end.

Just so we're sure we're talking apples to apples - you are using app.emby.media with the exact same connect user?

Would you mind inviting me as a guest on the same server via Connect so that I can try and connect using the app from here and see if I can figure out where it is going wrong?

Never mind - I have some previous invites I can use for testing.  I think that this process changed since we first implemented it and no one else has really tested it out since.  So some adjustments need to be made in the app.

I'll try and figure it out and let you know what I find.  Thx.

• Solution

1.0.37 should be available on your device soon.  Please try that version with Connect.  Thanks.

• 4 years later...

Hi, just go through the login process in our fire TV app. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.