Add new custom metadata categories

oldschool

oldschool

I would like a way to designate a folder and everything underneath to be excluded from the "Movies" listing on the front page and designated as a new type of category on the front page. Right now, I usually use the "Folders" listing because certain types of videos we have are not really movies but are listed in the same folder. An example might be instructional videos, workout videos, sports recordings, etc. It doesn't make sense to list these types of videos in the "Movies" listing because they really aren't movies in the true sense of the word, but that's the only place they're put. More flexibility to apply metadata type labels to folders would be very helpful.

The content type drop down seems to be the best place to designate a folder to contain these types of files, but if they currently are in the "Movies" folder but I don't want them listed under the movies category on the front page, I would like to be able to create a custom type and have it grouped on the front page of the web client, MBC, or whatever client being used.

Vidman

These types of videos should normally be set as home video type, then they will be separate and also will not be included in metadata scraping

Edited by Vidman

ginjaninja

Any media folder unticked in my views under preferences becomes its own distinct media folder..un amalgamated into the default movies/tv media folders.

oldschool

Any media folder unticked in my views under preferences becomes its own distinct media folder..un amalgamated into the default movies/tv media folders.

I have some "mixed" folders where there might be some special interest stuff inside the TV folder, so this is somewhat of a special case.

These types of videos should normally be set as home video type, then they will be separate and also will not be included in metadata scraping

That isn't really all that obvious or intuitive. I guess I could create a special "collection" for these to show up on the front page, but I was hoping to have a logical grouping show up and to make the tool more flexible to define your own types of folder types.

Vidman

you could have them each in their own folders and named appropriately, just make sure the content type is set to home videos for each folder so they arent treated as movies or tv shows by the server.

Edited by Vidman