Series Record Ability Missing in Emby EPG

rikiwi

rikiwi

Hi @@Sven

Luke suggested I post this here.

Since moving from ServerWMC to NextPVR I have noticed the option to record a TV program as a series, is missing from the Emby EPG.

To set up a series recordingI have to go into the NextPVR ui. It's not too much of an issue as once a series is set up I just forget it and it works.

Is this by design or some thing that will get fixed when time permits, or should I take it up with sub over on the NextPVR forum?

• 3 months later...
rikiwi

Sorry to bug you again but having to set up series recording in Npvr rather than directly in Emby is still bugging me:-)

rikiwi

Oops sorry I posted too soon I just checked the Dev versions of Server and Android App and it looks like there are series recording options. I'll do some testing and report back.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

rikiwi

On closer inspection I see that series recording still can't be initiated in The Server and Android App. The incredible advances being made in all areas of Emby are a credit to all the dedicated developers. Keep up the great work

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Edited by rikiwi

Actually, I'm not sure why you're relating the two. NextPVR's backend will still do season recordings on shows that don't clearly identify themselves as being an episodic style of show.

You shouldn't be relying on this info being available to decide if you offer a season recording option. You should always offer a 'season recording' option, just like NextPVR does (and pretty much every other PVR app, and set top box). If users use it on a one-off show like a movie, it'll obviously only get the one recording. More likely than not though, users will only use that option on recurring shows.

Edited by sub3

pünktchen

Sven, in that case, just set IsSeries=true on everything

That's also how ChubbyArse has set it in the MediaPortal plugin and it's working great.