VDR plugin development

Tuxx

Ok I have figured out how to recompile this plugin, and have been playing around with some of the code.   It appears that it is all working but the data is just not being populated in the Guide.  I have opened up a new Post https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39482-guide-data-missing-or-not-displaying/ to discuss this.

FYI...  If anyone has taken a look at the code, the only change I would make is to remove the From date when the Plugin queries VDR for data.  This date is always going to be the Current Date and Time (when you fetch the Gude data) and based on the Notes in the API call is not required as it defaults to the current date and time.  Also when the Plugin logs information on "Collecting Program Information" I would change the display time to local time rather than UTC so it does not look wrong.

Domenic

• Like 1

this should correct the issue with guide data not populating from the current time. I still have an issue with some of the data not showing up in the guide.

Change Log

- removed from in API call to VDR

- post program information in UTC time not local time

- pass Ilogger to some API calls

VdrLiveTV.zip

Edited by domenic

try the restful Api git I posted, as it is what I am working with

and the new version!

Note I can not test images, as I do not have any setup.

Anyone have a tarball of images they could share?

Edited by domenic
  • Like 1

you also may want to clear out the program data by starting VDR with one channel, doing a guide scan, then restart VDR with the full channel list and scan again.

joehoppe

Thanks for your reply,

i installed the plugin version you posted before and i use your vdr plugin 0.3.2. I get the epg data from the rest server via browser request (image attached). But the data is not visible on the epg screen in emby. I have the channels but nothing more.

But thanks a lot to you for improving this plugin :)

post-117713-0-74419800-1474742157_thumb.png

Thanks for your reply,

i installed the plugin version you posted before and i use your vdr plugin 0.3.2. I get the epg data from the rest server via browser request (image attached). But the data is not visible on the epg screen in emby. I have the channels but nothing more.

But thanks a lot to you for improving this plugin :)

please take a look in the Emby log file. when you press the "refresh guide data" button in manage server, live TV you should see all if the guide data in the log.

hoppel118

try the restful Api git I posted, as it is what I am working with

and the new version!

Note I can not test images, as I do not have any setup.

Anyone have a tarball of images they could share?

Hello domenic,

I am from germany and use the following images (channellogos): https://github.com/3PO/Senderlogos

These are allmost complete. I use them with kodi -> vnsi -> vdr.

I compiled the version of the restfulapi from github you mentioned before and copied your "VdrLiveTV-0.3.2" to the emby plugin folder this minute. At the moment emby server refreshes the guide. I will report back tomorrow if and how that worked for me.

Did you see this restfulapi? https://github.com/yavdr/vdr-plugin-restfulapi

It seems to be more "up-to-date". What do you think about it?

I really appreciate your work on this plugin.

Greetings Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118
  • Like 1

Ok I have installed images (thank you Hoppel!) and updated the restfull api to the one Hoppel has noted above. I found a small issue with images, and now have another version.

Thanks for all the testing!

Note I still have missing program information. It is displayed in the log files but not in the guide or channel information. I will work on this in a seperate thread.

version 0.3.4 attached below.

Domenic

VdrLiveTV.zip

• Like 1

One more small update, should speed up the load of program information a little.  I removed the call (override) for GetProgramImageAsync.  The plugin was attempting to get this data from the Restful api, but just like the call for GetChannelImageAsync all you need to supply is the URL.  The small issue VDR provides one or more images for a Program but Emby will only accept one image.  The workaround I used was to just pass the URL for the first image, if it exists.

VdrLiveTV.zip

Edited by domenic

Is anyone using the program images feature of the restful Api? I am not certain how I would set this up, but would like to try it out to validate my code changes.

Can anyone test this or provide some direction on how to set this up?

Edited by domenic

• 4 weeks later...
domenic

it is functional right now, just a small issue with the loading of Guide data.

Also for north american low definition TS streams FFMPEG is not mapping the streams properly. I have not reported this issue to the maintainer of FFMPEG yet, but it works fine with h254 streams. If I remove the two map entries on the FFMPEG command line it streams properly.

Luke I was hoping that you could take a look at the code to see why the guide data is not being loaded, or debug from the emby side to see is any SQL errors are being generated when the guide data is being loaded.

Domenic

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
hoppel118

Hello @@domenic

any news on this? Didn't try the last version. But I bought an nvidia shield tv and saw the info about "Fast Channel Changing":

https://emby.media/emby-for-nvidiashield.html

I want to try it out in the next few days. Did you ever find the issue with the incomplete epg data? Where do I find the most recent version of the plugin? Is it the zip file in post #63?

Greetings Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118

domenic

Hello @@domenic

any news on this? Didn't try the last version. But I bought an nvidia shield tv and saw the info about "Fast Channel Changing":

https://emby.media/emby-for-nvidiashield.html

I want to try it out in the next few days. Did you ever find the issue with the incomplete epg data? Where do I find the most recent version of the plugin? Is it the zip file in post #63?

Greetings Hoppel

I never did get this Populating the EPG fully.  I would need to be able to work with a full development version of Emby, and be able to triage the SQL updates to see why it is not populating, and I don't have the time to learn more about Emby.  Also it appears that when ffmpeg is called, the TS Streams are not working properly.  The H254 Streams are fine.  I have not tried this lately, maybe I will give it a try again to see if I can get it working, but I don't have a bunch of time...

Domenic

Edited by domenic
  • Like 1

hoppel118

The latest version of the plugin can be found in the Emby plugin catalog, as far as I'm aware.

That would be great! But I think it's not the case. The plugin catalogue for live tv shows the following plugins at my server:

5864273070594_livetvplugins.png

I never did get this Populating the EPG fully.  I would need to be able to work with a full development version of Emby, and be able to triage the SQL updates to see why it is not populating, and I don't have the time to learn more about Emby.  Also it appears that when ffmpeg is called, the TS Streams are not working properly.  The H254 Streams are fine.  I have not tried this lately, maybe I will give it a try again to see if I can get it working, but I don't have a bunch of time...

Domenic

Sadly it is such complicated. Thanks for all the time you investigate into this. I really appreciate your work!

Where do I find the latest version of the plugin? How can we get the plugin into the plugin catalogue?

Greetings Hoppel