VDR plugin development

Tuxx

domenic

One more update, I was playing with Jacks build and could not get the Setup Screen to display?  Not certain what is up with that.  In any case I updated my own version with support for display of timers, display and play back of Recordings...

See Attached.

I also updated the GIT, the code is a bit of a mess, but functional.  There is much cleanup to be done.

MediaBrowser.Plugins.VDR.dll.zip

Edited by domenic
  • Like 1

Hi, 

I have a question how I to send a "DELETE" request via the IHttpClient that is injected in the plugin.

At the moment I implemented the DELETE with the System.Net.Http.HttpClient DeleteAsync(url) method, but I would prefer using the injected IHttpClient.

I tried it with IHttpClients SendAsync method:

var options = new HttpRequestOptions()
{                
    CancellationToken = cancellationToken,
    Url = url
};

using (var stream = await _httpClient.SendAsync(options, "DELETE").ConfigureAwait(false))
{
}

Any suggestions @@Luke, or should I create a new thread.

Regards,

Jack

Thx! It's working now. I think in my first tries there was something wrong with the url.

One next question. When a recording gets deleted, there isn't a refresh. Shouldn't there be a refresh on recordings?

Edit:

I commited the changes to GIT and attached the new dll.

Please use the delete function with caution (in my environment it seems to be working)

Regards,

Jack

LiveTv.Vdr.zip

Edited by Jack187

Yes, as I already wrote. After an maunally triggered refresh the item disappears. But for this cool and modern UI an automatic refresh/remove of the deleted recording would be cool. I know it's not a big deal. It's just nice to have ;-)

It does do that. The question is, when does the delete take place. When your delete method returns, has the delete completed? If the answer is no, then that would explain why you're seeing this.

• 2 weeks later...
pvcminator

Hello everyone. I now have the plugin installed and liveTV but recording does not. What is this and which information you need.

Edited by pvcminator

domenic

I can not record when I click on record

As the plugin is still in development, I do not believe this functionality been coded yet.

Domenic

pvcminator, on 21 Feb 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

snapback.png

I can not record when I click on record

As the plugin is still in development, I do not believe this functionality been coded yet.

Domenic

Domenic is right. Not implemented yet. At the moment I don't have much time, but I will continue on this.

• 4 months later...
frank84

Not sure, if that has been highlighted already in this post somewhere else...

In LiveTv.Vdr.xml I needed to change the IP-address of the resfulapi and streamdev-server manually:

<VDR_RestfulApi_BaseUrl>http://YOUR-IP:8002</VDR_RestfulApi_BaseUrl>
  <VDR_HttpStream_BaseUrl>http://YOUR-IP:3000</VDR_HttpStream_BaseUrl>

The path of this file is:

/var/lib/emby-server/plugins/configurations

Nice work !

Cheers

Edited by frank84

• 1 month later...
c-o-m-m-a-n-d-e-r

here the same, after changing IP in config its working.

can someone explain me how to use picons direct from vdr? i think i miss something.

thanks

// EDIT : Found it myself ... just config the image path in the restful conf and tadaa... 

Edited by c-o-m-m-a-n-d-e-r

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I'm a new Emby user. I tried this plugin but it does not appear on the plugin list.. Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

There is this line on the Emby log:

2017-11-28 17:46:32.811 Info App: Loading LiveTv.Vdr, Version=1.0.6247.41086, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
So it does detect and "load" it? But that's the only VDR-related thing in the log.

Ah, thanks, I figured it must be something like that.

This plugin is still in development, so it's not listed in the catalog.

Jack187 still developing this? Maybe you could do the update? :)

Source is in github though, maybe I'll see if I can setup the build environment..

• Like 1