VDR plugin development

Tuxx

Tuxx

Hi everybody,

i've started develop a live tv plugin for the VDR.

The plugin requires the following VDR plugins:

• streamdev-server
  • restfulapi

Status of the current version:

• LiveTV workingEPG working
  • Recording working
  • Timers working
  • Series timers not implemented, yet

Here is the current version:

• Unzip the attached plugin dll and put it into the plugins folder of your server.
  • Change the VDR Server and ports on the plugin configuration page.

Current Version:

VdrLiveTV-0.3.0.zip

You can find the source code on GitHub:

https://github.com/alxbauer/Emby-VDRLiveTV-Plugin

Tuxx

Edited by Tuxx
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Simba

i try this plugin but i can´t see nothing,the channel list open but wen i try the stream i can´t see nothing

Yes. It looks like a problem with fmpeg. I use Emby on Linux, and it works fine.

I'll try to make a installation on Windows this weekend. Is there a way to disable the transcoding at all ?

Alex

Simba

i tink this is note possible if you put in auto mode the server change to the best value depending your connection

• 1 month later...
szimat

Hi, 

I have just joined the forum, and basically registered to support your work with the VDR plugin! Great work, I'm very much looking forward to try this out. I'm still on PMS, but will migrate to Emby and try out, especially as it looks so way better!

In cas eof LiveTV plugins and Limux, VDR is definetly the best choice. I know most users prefer TVH, but VDR is just rock stable, fast, low on resources, great plugins, and well, it just works:) I do know it is quite hard to configure it properly, especially because of lack of proper documentation (except German), but once done, it is there to forget. I'm running in on my home server (Ubuntu Server) as backend to my Kodi clients and it is really great.

Where are you standing with the development of the plugin? I can offer you testing if you need, and I really hope you will continue your work. It would be so great to have livetv on phone via streaming:)

Cheers!

• Like 1

szimat

A short follow up on the plugin: it is working great:) 
I had to compile restfulapi plugin for VDR, and the configuration was very easy. 

I don't know what are still the limitations (compared to other non beta live tv plugins) but it is great!

I don't see the option to change audio language, therefore it would be great to add.

Hi szimat,

i did no further development so far. I'm also using VDR with Kodi, and extremely happy with it.

I want to use Emby on my QNAP-Nas. But currently I have no spare time, to play with it.

The greatest limitation in the first Version of the Plugin is, that no Images (Channel Logos, EPG, Recordings) will appear.

At least in my environment.

I hope for some more time to continue the development the next months.

Alex

szimat

Hi Alex,

VDR, properly configured, beats all the other apps, it is working so good, and the most important thing, being rock stable.

The limitation you mention are really not such a big deal, I think. Sure it would be much nicer with icons, but the most important thing is to have a working plugin for streaming.

I did play around with the plugin, and it does seam to be doing a great work. It is working fine, don't really see any bugs, except perhaps one:

-- the streamdev-server connection is not always closed after closing the player. Can you look at this, if there is an option to make the stream closed, I don't know actually how does this work. Note, it might be the fault of the WP8 phone app, using desktop it seams to be working just fine!

Is it hard btw to implement images to the plugin? I would however consider this as low priority.

Are there any features that could be added or improved?

• 3 weeks later...
blublub

Hi

I have a working VDR with streamdev-serv. and restfulapi plugin (VDR is version 2.0.3 and restfulapi 0.6).

I did set up restfulapi to get it working - I can get a channel list via:

http://myip:8002/channels.xml?start=0&limit=1

However in Emby it is just not working. I do not see any option to configure the IP and port for VDR and restful api within the Emby VDR-Plugin?

What am I doing wrong

EDIT:

AHHHH found it under plugins :-) - but still not working :-(

Edited by blublub

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumping up the topic. I was not using Emby for w while with VDR. Is it working with the latest server?

Looks like the developer hasn't been on the forums lately. Best thing is to try it and let us know.

• 4 weeks later...
eisbaer128

Tried to install the plugin but actually the configuration already returns with an error:

Response Status Error Code InvalidOperationException Message Sequence contains no matching element Stack Trace [GetDashboardConfigurationPage: 31.12.2015 14:58:38]: [REQUEST: {}] System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) <0x419a7920 + 0x000ff> in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.DashboardService.Get (MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage request) <0x419a7560 + 0x001a3> in <filename unknown>:0 at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1[TRequest].Execute (IRequest request, System.Object instance, ServiceStack.Host.TRequest requestDto) <0x4171ee50 + 0x003d4> in <filename unknown> Any idea ?

eisbaer128

Still can't configure due to the error above but as I'm using anyway the default settings, actually the plugin works somehow... I get plenty of errors Error App: [VDR Live TV] GetRecordingImageAsync not implemented. But I can see basic functionality. For example can playback vdr recordings.... 

I would fix the plugin myself but unfortunately it's not open source. Can someone PM the developer? Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay. I've fixed the problem and uploaded a new version (0.2.0) of the plugin. See the first post of this thread.

Alex

Edited by Tuxx
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I believe yes, Tuxx posted the new version some time ago which I believe is working with Emby Server. I was not able to test it myself now, but go and try it and see.

@@Tuxx what are your plans with the plugin? Perhaps the only thing missing now is support for channel logos? I'm not sure if authentication is required on Streamdev-server side or not? I mean I have a password set for Streamdev-server as I don't want to expose full access to Internet without any protection. The password itself is not so secure as it is transferred in plain text without any encryption (if I'm correct), but it is better then nothing. However, it is perhaps not needed, as Emby server will access VDR on localhost or at least under the same network, and actually there is no need to give WAN access to streamdev-server at all. Just thinking out loud here.

@@Luke What to do say what is still needed to add VDR plugin as an official included plugin in Emby? VDR is by far the best live tv backend available, when it comes to functionality and stability, nothing comes even close. I do agree it is little harder to configure it properly. Emby should have VDR support for sure!