trouble linking account

ironpepsi

ironpepsi

I am having difficulty linking my account on the server side. I'm running the plugin on FreeNAS. when I go to my account(the only one I have right now) and I enter my email address just like I did when I signed up for my emby account I and getting the error message "argument can not be null. parameter name: Connectserverid" I thought this meant I needed to give it a name in the server settings so I did but still got the error. can someone help me out?

Edited by ironpepsi

The error message you're seeing isn't very helpful, we need to improve that. In the meantime, I can tell you the problem. Your server is unable to communicate with our server. If you find your server log, I expect you'll see http request failures in the early parts of it.

ironpepsi

can you tell me where that log file should be located and what it should be called? I'd be happy to provide whatever is needed if you can help me fix it.

josh4trunks

can you tell me where that log file should be located and what it should be called? I'd be happy to provide whatever is needed if you can help me fix it.

I believe it should be in /var/db/emby-server/Logs or logs

ironpepsi

pasted below is the first 2 pages of the first and largest file I found in that folder. the entire file is too large to paste here but I can email it to you if you don't see the problem in this but think it's the right file. there were several files in that folder all saved as server-<somenumbers>.txt

2015-05-07 00:00:00.0256 Info - App: Application version: 3.0.5518.7
2015-05-07 00:00:00.0256 Info - App: Media Browser
      Command line: /usr/pbi/mediabrowser-amd64/lib/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg /usr/pbi/mediabrowser-amd64/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/pbi/mediabrowser-amd64/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/mediabrowser
      Operating system: Unix 9.1.0.0
      Processor count: 4
      64-Bit OS: True
      64-Bit Process: True
      Program data path: /var/db/mediabrowser
      Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Fri Dec 19 00:45:30 UTC 2014)
      Application Path: /usr/pbi/mediabrowser-amd64/lib/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
2015-05-07 00:00:00.0256 Info - App: Application configuration:
      {"EnableUPnP":true,"PublicPort":8096,"PublicHttpsPort":8920,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"HttpsPortNumber":8920,"EnableHttps":false,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"IsPortAuthorized":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","SaveLocalMeta":true,"EnableLocalizedGuids":true,"EnableLibraryMetadataSubFolder":true,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeMonitorDelay":30,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableDashboardResourceMinification":true,"MergeMetadataAndImagesByName":true,"EnableStandaloneMetadata":true,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Movie","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Media Browser Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Series","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":2,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Media Browser Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Media Browser Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Media Browser Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Media Browser Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Episode","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Media Browser Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicVideo","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Media Browser Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Video","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Media Browser Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"ServerName":"leafmusic","UICulture":"en-us","PeopleMetadataOptions":{"DownloadActorMetadata":true,"DownloadDirectorMetadata":true,"DownloadProducerMetadata":false,"DownloadWriterMetadata":false,"DownloadComposerMetadata":false,"DownloadOtherPeopleMetadata":false,"DownloadGuestStarMetadata":false},"FindInternetTrailers":true,"InsecureApps8":["Chromecast","iOS","Unknown app","MediaPortal","Media Portal","iPad","iPhone","Roku","Windows Phone"],"SaveMetadataHidden":false,"ContentTypes":[],"EnableAudioArchiveFiles":false,"EnableVideoArchiveFiles":false,"EnableLegacyCollectionInView":false,"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":true,"CachePath":""}
2015-05-07 00:00:00.0260 Info - App: Plugins:
2015-05-07 00:00:00.0260 Info - App: Start new log file Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2015-05-07 00:44:09.7342 Error - HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Access token has expired.
      *** Error Report ***
      Version: 3.0.5518.7
      Command line: /usr/pbi/mediabrowser-amd64/lib/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg /usr/pbi/mediabrowser-amd64/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/pbi/mediabrowser-amd64/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/mediabrowser
      Operating system: Unix 9.1.0.0
      Processor count: 4
      64-Bit OS: True
      64-Bit Process: True
      Program data path: /var/db/mediabrowser
      Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Fri Dec 19 00:45:30 UTC 2014)
      Application Path: /usr/pbi/mediabrowser-amd64/lib/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
      Access token has expired.

Is that really the whole log? I would update to the latest version of the server.

ironpepsi

no this was only the first 2 pages of it. is there a way to upload the file here? I was having difficulty getting all the text to paste since it was so long. I thought what I installed was the latest version. could that be part of my problem getting my account to link?

in theory your version of the server should be fine, but since it's a few months old now it's probably a good idea to update before we deep dive any further.

ironpepsi

I wanted to update this thread with my status. I have updated my emby server with the current version and it is now running smoothly and I had no troubles at all in getting it set up. thank you all for your help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
PhilWhite

Rather than start a new thread, I'm posting here.

I have a similar problem, though I suspect for different reasons.

When trying to link my account from my server I also receive the "argument cannot be null. Parameter name: ConnectID" message.  But I also do not have an icon link to my server on the Emby webpage -- through no fault of you guys but through my own stupidity.  I inadvertently deleted the server icon (so deleting the invitation link) on the webpage, so I cannot connect using Connect.

I also cannot generate a new invitation by trying to link my account either in the initial setup or from the users section of the dashboard.  I get the same error message ("argument cannot be null...") whenever I try either approach.

I have tried updating Freenas to 9.3 from 9.2.1.9 with no change.  Emby version is 3.0.5621.4

The only other thing that occurred recently was that I tried to use emby for kodi on my sideloaded kodi on a fire TV, but I ran into too many issues (duplicate movie and TV entries and the emby version would not launch any media) and reverted back -- but that process did not load properly since I was never asked for my login password.

Log files below

server-63568907649.txt

transcode-c623c97b-9c37-48c8-8737-30fe183d77e3.txt

Hope I did that correctly.  Could this be a simple issue of deleting my current account so that I can start fresh?  I had no problems before I shot myself in the foot.

Thanks for any help.

CBers

no this was only the first 2 pages of it. is there a way to upload the file here? I was having difficulty getting all the text to paste since it was so long. I thought what I installed was the latest version. could that be part of my problem getting my account to link?

How to Post Log Files

• When posting (using full editor) you can attach the log to your post by clicking "Choose Files" beneath the editor window. If you don't see the Attach Files area below the editor, make sure you are in the full editor - click on "more reply options" (if posting a reply) or "use full editor" (if making a new topic). Zip files are permitted but not preferred - please only zip log files if you receive a file size warning.
  • Alternatively, you can upload your log file to Paste2 or a DropBox account and then post the link in your topic by highlighting your text and then using the link 524774376e686_5245a91d7a76f_link.png button on the toolbar.
  • Do not paste any log text directly into your post, use either of the 2 methods above.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Matt & Emily

Rather than start a new thread, I'm posting here.

I have a similar problem, though I suspect for different reasons.

When trying to link my account from my server I also receive the "argument cannot be null. Parameter name: ConnectID" message.  But I also do not have an icon link to my server on the Emby webpage -- through no fault of you guys but through my own stupidity.  I inadvertently deleted the server icon (so deleting the invitation link) on the webpage, so I cannot connect using Connect.

I also cannot generate a new invitation by trying to link my account either in the initial setup or from the users section of the dashboard.  I get the same error message ("argument cannot be null...") whenever I try either approach.

I have tried updating Freenas to 9.3 from 9.2.1.9 with no change.  Emby version is 3.0.5621.4

The only other thing that occurred recently was that I tried to use emby for kodi on my sideloaded kodi on a fire TV, but I ran into too many issues (duplicate movie and TV entries and the emby version would not launch any media) and reverted back -- but that process did not load properly since I was never asked for my login password.

Log files below

attachicon.gifserver-63568907649.txt

attachicon.giftranscode-c623c97b-9c37-48c8-8737-30fe183d77e3.txt

Hope I did that correctly.  Could this be a simple issue of deleting my current account so that I can start fresh?  I had no problems before I shot myself in the foot.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I've been having similar issues and it looks like they're working to resolve it, please see: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21997-error-setting-up-emby-connect/

Thanks

Thank you.  Glad it will be fixed soon.

can you help out by installing a test version of the server?

PhilWhite

Certainly.  What do I need to do?

The problem seems to be fixed, though.  I was able to log in this evening.  I don't know if it was because of the changes I made to my router settings or if it just works now.  I set a static ip address for the jail housing the emby server and activated port forwarding for port 8096.  I didn't try to sign in before I made those changes, so I don't know what helped.

ETA:  Earlier I had port forwarding set for another ip address (earlier version of emby server when everything was working well), but I disabled port forwarding when the ip address of the server changed -- that didn't make any difference, though.

Edited by PhilWhite