New disparity genre icons, thoughts?

shaefurr

shaefurr

So, ive been working on a new set of genre icons. My previous set just takes too much time to render since they contain 3D layers, so its unreasonable for me to get a lot of those done. With this set I plan to do all genres (games, music and movie/TV).  Before I make a ton of these I wanted to get some opinions on the look. Anyway here's a few I have done, please let me know what you think and if I should change anything.

To be honest this had started out as just making the game genre icons to go with the movie/TV ones I already made, but the render times just sucked so bad I decided to start over.

554d8c1e253bc_adventureSmall.jpg

554d8c266963f_fightingSmall.jpg

554d8c2d4d62d_horrorSmall.jpg

554d8c39dcfe5_mmoSmall.jpg

554d8c40f3240_platformerSmall.jpg

554d8c479f0a5_puzzleSmall.jpg

554d8c4e04969_sandboxSmall.jpg

554d8c5379a46_shooterSmall.jpg

554d8c5c1ec40_spacesimSmall.jpg

554d8c62415a5_survivalhorrorSmall.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 4

yardameus

I have no use for these, but they look really sweet.  Stark, but not too much so.  Easy to distinguish, yet not too hard on the eyes.  Really nice.

shaefurr

Might leave these on the side for now, they don't seem to be attracting much attention lol

im85288

Really like your genre icons, do you plan to add more to the default set at a future date 

These are looking good. Prefer them to the previous ones. Would really love the music genres even if the images are without the text.

shaefurr

Really like your genre icons, do you plan to add more to the default set at a future date 

To which ones, the set I made before? Trying to avoid those ones since the render times suck, Guess I can just make 2 sets and add new ones to the old set as I make them for these.

im85288

In particular I was looking at using Music Genre images to go with the new home screen I provided in my Arctic Zephyr skin.

If you see here I used them for Movies/TV Shows:

ljqWgg3.jpg

I also borrowed your "Kodi" image for Live TV 

yjFSmsw.png

If you could superimpose Arctic Zephyr onto the screen that would be great too!

Cheers

shaefurr

In particular I was looking at using Music Genre images to go with the new home screen I provided in my Arctic Zephyr skin.

If you see here I used them for Movies/TV Shows:

I also borrowed your "Kodi" image for Live TV 

If you could superimpose Arctic Zephyr onto the screen that would be great too!

Cheers

K, ill keep working on the genres including the other set I started.

Do you have a preference in what screen from AZ I stick on there?

• Like 2

im85288

Cool, no I don't have any preference..I'm sure whatever you come up with will look great. Thanks

shaefurr

Here's a screen from one of your posts, I can use the new home screen or something instead if you wish.

Edit: came out with a weird border around the screen, ill need to fix that

55527ec2bfe4c_KodiAZ.jpg

Edited by shaefurr

im85288

Awesome, that looks great. If you can do one with the new home screen that would be cool too.

im85288

AMAZING! Thanks a lot, I'll be including these tomorrow. Cheers

shaefurr

Cool ill have the check it out. Love the skin btw

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Blueeyiz702

would it be difficult to turn these into something useful. I found probably a few thousand for tv movie music and about everything else you can think of. because you have a collection called Disparity maybe call new collection Disparity Evolution. just trying to help with some idea's that might help out,thanks

Edited by blueeyiz7021

shaefurr

would it be difficult to turn these into something useful. I found probably a few thousand for tv movie music and about everything else you can think of. because you have a collection called Disparity maybe call new collection Disparity Evolution. just trying to help with some idea's that might help out,thanks

no not really, it all depends on the image, some are easier/quicker to color than others, ill try a few of those when I get a chance and post them to see what you think.

shaefurr

couple examples

55c10df2f3f98_post486380774449001438623655c10dfdd2525_post4863805791790014386236

shaefurr

I like the idea of folder icons for boxsets, but it would just require too much time considering how many would need to be made, I had played with the folder idea a bit not that long ago but ultimately ive decided I just won't have the time to do it, as it stands I have a fairly giant list of todos for disparity. I can make a new droplet to create the folder from a wallpaper, but it would still need the blue to be manually colored in somewhere in the main image.

55c127c29f8cc_PrometheusSmall.png

• Like 1

Blueeyiz702

I like the idea of folder icons for boxsets, but it would just require too much time considering how many would need to be made, I had played with the folder idea a bit not that long ago but ultimately ive decided I just won't have the time to do it, as it stands I have a fairly giant list of todos for disparity. I can make a new droplet to create the folder from a wallpaper, but it would still need the blue to be manually colored in somewhere in the main image.

55c127c29f8cc_PrometheusSmall.png

i guess in the end.it does take alot of time and effort and your just one person.if there was like 10 of you it would probably alot easier,lol.but since there isnt i guess we have

all have to be patient and wait and see what you come out with next.Im sure whatever it is ,it will be nice.and i know you can please some of people some of the time,but can never please all the people all the time! so people be

happy with what you get,remember he does this for free and where else do you get kool free icons like this. thanks Shaefurr for all your efforts

Edited by blueeyiz7021

shaefurr

i guess in the end.it does take alot of time and effort and your just one person.if there was like 10 of you it would probably alot easier,lol.but since there isnt i guess we have

all have to be patient and wait and see what you come out with next.Im sure whatever it is ,it will be nice.and i know you can please some of people some of the time,but can never please all the people all the time! so people be

happy with what you get,remember he does this for free and where else do you get kool free icons like this. thanks Shaefurr for all your efforts

lol thanks, Yeah id love to have a team working on these, but as a community contribution I don't see that ever happening lol. I will get back to these, im just so busy lately trying to get my work from home stuff started, kids ready to go back to school, and getting to ready to move im just swamped. Hopefully in a month or so I can start putting some new stuff out. Plus ill have an actual office to work in then, not stand here in front of my TV in photoshop lol.

Blueeyiz702

lol thanks, Yeah id love to have a team working on these, but as a community contribution I don't see that ever happening lol. I will get back to these, im just so busy lately trying to get my work from home stuff started, kids ready to go back to school, and getting to ready to move im just swamped. Hopefully in a month or so I can start putting some new stuff out. Plus ill have an actual office to work in then, not stand here in front of my TV in photoshop lol.

i completely understand,family is always first everything else is secondary.never say standing and photoshop in same sentence,that doesnt even sound in anyway comfortable.i think i might try to find a class on photoshop,it seems that the possibilities are endless.well until your return good luck and enjoy the rest of summer. 

mattyspurs76

Im more than willing to help with stuff on this. Love you work and i really hope you dont mind but im creating a custom build for Kodi and im using your stuff  ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/403418383116861/

Ive put a video on showing what ive done so far. Needs some work. Ive used the Disperity stuff of your website and id love to know the Font that you have used so I can create some stuff for it and also help you out