Problems with LiveTV

daz_pp

daz_pp

Hi

Ever since a few weeks ago I've had problems with the LiveTV feature using the mediaportal plugin.

It worked the first time I installed it and it was the reason I switched from Plex to Emby.

I can't see any reason it should have stopped working.I have not done any changes in my setup at all.

Mediaportal server + MPextended are installed on the same box.

I can get the EPG to emby so some connection is there. I can't get the video and sound though.

Everything looks like it works but all I get is a black screen instead of the video/audio.

I really like this product and will for sure support it in whatever way I can. If I can get this live TV thing working.

All other parts of the system works all fiine.

Regards

Daniel

Can you post the server log from a playback attempt? Thanks

daz_pp

Here is part of the server log. Not sure where I find what you're looking for. but I tried live TV at arround 15:53 so there should be the failure.

Any other logs you need?

Log.txt

daz_pp

Luke, did you have time to look at this yet? or any one else for that matter.

I would love to have this feature working again as that one was the reason I switched from Plex.

ffmpeg appears to exit normally after opening the stream. I'll send a note to ChubbyArse who maintains the media portal plugin

• Like 1

I have not heard from him sorry. You could always look at using a different tv provider,

daz_pp

Well thats true. But I have mediaportal running locally and aren ot about to change that as I'm happy with that setup at the moment.

It would be great if this could be solved asap.

I can also help out and give you access to the system through teamviewer if it's a possibility for you to look at this further.

Unfortunately, I think I know what it is and the plugin needs to be updated. As soon as I hear back from him I will update here.

• Like 2

daz_pp

It says that the plugin is the latest released. Maybe you have some you're still working on I guess..

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to see this update happen :). Waiting to switch from plex.

What exactly are you waiting for? The developer of this plugin appears to have gone quiet but we have several other tv sources available, including EmbyTV which works with HDHomerun and doesnt require any external software.

millsii

I managed to get it working again by changing the streaming profile to Android FFmpeg HD.

I couldn't get the Direct profile working either, so used Android VLC Direct as a work around. The MPextended log would show the stream start, then report an error of no active stream multiple times, then cancel the stream.

The new beta 3.0.5641.1 mentioned the removal of probing the stream to improve streaming start time. I just updated to the beta and now the Direct profile works like a charm on all the platforms I have except IE 11.0. Works on Chrome, Android and Windows 8.1 App. Great work! 

Edited by millsii

daz_pp

I already have MediaPortal up and running and using it for local playback so I would really like this plugin to work with MediaPortal.

pünktchen

I already have MediaPortal up and running and using it for local playback so I would really like this plugin to work with MediaPortal.

The plugin is working fine for me and others. Maybe you can check the streaming with aMPdroid?

• 2 weeks later...
daz_pp

The plugin is working fine for me and others. Maybe you can check the streaming with aMPdroid?

What settings are you using on the server and on the client?

Do you stream on pc with client or web or on a tablet? 

I can't get it to stream at all from TV using any of them. Using standard settings and also tried  a few others with no luck.

pünktchen

I have nothing special:

MediaPortal TVServer and MPExtended 0.6Beta on one PC, Emby Server latest version on another PC.

In Embys MediaPortal plugin i've set IP instead of hostname (always better), requires authentication (doesn't work without) and streaming profile "Direct".

I can stream Live TV to every device i have. Emby for Android on my tablet, Emby Android TV on FireTV Stick, every browser and even via dlna on my LG TV.

Have you checked "troubleshooting" in MPExtended Configurator? What does MPExtendeds log say?

The question is still the same. Is it a problem with your Emby installation or with MPExtended?

• 2 weeks later...
daz_pp

I have tried it and never really got it to work.

I want it to work when I'm traveling and re-encoding depending on the internet speed I get where ever I go.

Is there any update on this or can someone that it works for show me their settings? Both in server and client .

pünktchen

I have tried it and never really got it to work.

What have you tried? Only Emby or aMPdroid? Please be a little bit more specific. And again: what does MPExtendeds log say?