Local Kodi meta-data, Emby first scan = DVD VIDEO_TS Issues

TrackZ
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

cw-kid

Ok I'll do that then Instead as it sounds safe to do so.

Cheers

cw-kid

OK so I deleted all the Media folders from the Library in the dashboard. I then cleared the cache by doing this here. I ensured Download Meta-data from the Internet was turned on in Emby. I then added a Movie folder again to the Library and it scanned them in again.

Now looking at these movies in the meta-data manager some have TheMovieDB IDs but a lot still do not and I can't see a pattern. 

And this time the DVD VIDEO_TS rips seem to all have meta-data showing OK in the Emby web GUI. And also all four of the DVD rips have TheMovieDBs ID present now.

But I have two Blu-ray ISO titles, they all have meta-data showing but don't have TheMovieDBs ID present.

I have three .avi titles, they all have meta-data showing but none have TheMovieDBs ID present.

I have three .mkv titles, they all have meta-data showing. Two of these titles have TheMovieDBs ID present one does not.

I have three Apple titles, they all have meta-data showing. Two of these titles .MP4 have TheMovieDBs ID present one .M4V title does not.

I'm not totally sure I cleared the Emby library database fully / properly for this test? 

How is it matching the incoming titles against TheMovieDB IDs ? Presumably by the information already stored in the Kodi .nfo file. 

Thanks

cw-kid

For all the movie titles that didn't get a TheMovieDB ID populated. I then checked each of their IMDB IDs on the IMDB website and all those IDs match up correctly to the correct title etc. So I can't see why some titles are getting TheMovieDB IDs populated and some still not?

The titles with the red stars next to them didn't get a TheMovieDB ID populated.

554c8441104da_RedStars.png

Here are the folders on the WHS server

Not all my movie folders have the year in them, the older movies from the MyMovies.dk era do not. The newer movies since using Kodi do have the years in them. I thought this maybe a factor, but its doesn't match any pattern.

554c85bf9cab7_RedStars2.png

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Attached is a debug log file. I cleared everything out of Emby again and then imported them again for the log etc.

Don't really know what I am looking for in the log file, for some of the movie titles I can see lines like this one:

MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: Minority Report

But not all the movie titles in the log file have this line.

DebugLog.txt

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

OK maybe this is the solution. In the metadata manager you can select a top level folder and press the Refresh button. 

The movies under this folder all then have TheMovieDB IDs populated. 

I selected the Apple folder pressed Refesh and now "The Trueman Show" has a TheMovieDB ID whereas before after Emby's initial import it did not. 

What does the refresh button do exactly? Will it change the metadata like the Synopsis for example, from what was in the original Kodi .nfo file?

554decc629cbc_EmbyRefresh.png

Click the advanced refresh button and see the options. The defaults that are selected are how the plain Refresh button works

cw-kid

Click the advanced refresh button and see the options. The defaults that are selected are how the plain Refresh button works

OK thanks. 

cw-kid

Ok, we can add support for VIDEO_TS.nfo. I wasn't aware of that.

@@Luke

Another issue with this is that all my DVD VIDEO_TS titles all now have a new date added date (When they were imported in to Emby).

This means in Emby they are now all listed as Lastest Movies, when they are not.  I figured this out by looking in the Emby reports and sorting on the Date Added.

If I look in the VIDEO_TS.nfo files the original <dateadded> tags are still there, with the old dates they were added to XBMC, but as Emby didn't read these VIDEO_TS.nfo files these dates are now all wrong in Emby etc. 

I will have to manually correct each of these titles in the metadata manager to get rid of them from the Latest Movies area in Emby and also from the New Movies area in Kodi (Linked to Emby). But there is a lot of them!

cw-kid

@@Luke

Weird issue with the metadata manager?

When manually changing the Date Added field, if I put in a date and save the title. If I then click back in to the same title later the date has changed and its one day before the date I added. 

For example if I enter 26/06/2008 the system changes it to 25/06/2008

Or if I enter 17/07/2008 the system changes it to 16/07/2008

I am clicking in to the field and typing in the date but also does the same if you click the little down arrow and use the calendar as well.

What's up with that?

Thanks. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Ok, we can add support for VIDEO_TS.nfo. I wasn't aware of that.

@@Luke

Seems Emby is now creating these VIDEO_TS.nfo files.

555e14288a24a_Video_TS.png

However when Kodi creates them during the Video Library Export to separate files it places the VIDEO_TS.nfo file actually inside the VIDEO_TS folder.

Your VIDEO_TS.nfo files are being created in the movies folder.

Just thought I'd better mention this!