Netflix Style Next Up - Not Working

mprassel

badaas

Ok, so I just played an episode all the way without pressing anything during playback and it worked.

Sure it isnt something daft like the previous osd is still open? You cant have 2 dialogs open same time etc?

My server is on a PC hardwired to router which has NAS hardwired to it, Kodi is on seperate PC via wifi, maybe lag but very much doubt it..

I've just paused latest episode to write this, so will se if this time the upnext appears, whether osd has intefered with funcionality..

Angelblue05

Yeah, the best thing to do is try to reproduce the problem on demand. Then we know. However what can be currently interfering with the function is if the background sync happens to be running at the same time. In the logs it might show what's running at the same time, like updating artwork, updating episodes, etc. Then it creates a delay and because of it, the nextup never happens.

Edited by Angelblue05

badaas

Ok, pausing video, moving around etc. and unpausing video upnext continued to work, but I did have a black screen at around the time the upnext I guess was kicking in, I left it to run it's course and upnext appeared and video was restored. So okay for now, but for that little *hiccup*

Angelblue05

Yeah, I understand what you are talking about. It's the way the addon works. We used to import the filepath into the database, but this didn't allow us to be flexible at the moment of playback. Instead, we now build a path that points to the addon, and it queries your server for the path to use at the time you request playback. If the server takes longer than a second, you'll get what you are experiencing, a black screen or a dialog saying Opening Stream. You just have to wait for the information to be processed which can take a few seconds. However, most of the time, it will start playing instantly (unless you are connected remotely, obviously). It just depends on how quick the server returns the information to the addon. I hope my explanation makes sense.

I'm glad this is resolved now! I'm sure @@im85288 is also cheering! :D

badaas

Yeah, I understand what you are talking about. It's the way the addon works. We used to import the filepath into the database, but this didn't allow us to be flexible at the moment of playback. Instead, we now build a path that points to the addon, and it queries your server for the path to use at the time you request playback. If the server takes longer than a second, you'll get what you are experiencing, a black screen or a dialog saying Opening Stream. You just have to wait for the information to be processed which can take a few seconds. However, most of the time, it will start playing instantly (unless you are connected remotely, obviously). It just depends on how quick the server returns the information to the addon. I hope my explanation makes sense.

I'm glad this is resolved now! I'm sure @@im85288 is also cheering! :D

Hi, yes perfect sense :) But I should have noticed what I wrote. I meant there was a black screen in between upnext and the video that was already playing, not a black screen while waiting for next video to stream. So it went black for about ~3 seconds, upnext appeared then the end of the video continued to play, then new video video started as normal. BUT I only seen this once, so will keep an eye out.. :D

Also this is on Isengard kodi, so that is beta also, maybe hiccups there.. but previous posts was behaviour on kodi helix 14.2 or w/e release it is on. And has normal behaviour on Isengard... /phew, tea break!

Edited by badaas
  • Like 1

im85288

Yes cheering loudly :) Hopefully that's the problem resolved completely now.

• Like 1

phonk

Hi there,

I use this nice function ... and it works partly. After watching an episode the dialog pops up and 20 sec are running down.

If I hit OK for starting the next episode the next episode starts. 

But If I wait the time running down I fail back to the episode list with the dialog opened no new episode starts.