Netflix Style Next Up - Not Working

mprassel

mprassel

I have never had the next up notification work for me. I've attached a log but I'm not sure if it's helpful enough. Let me know if I should enable debug logging.

Thanks!

01_KODI.log

im85288

Have you enabled it in the settings? Also it might be worth checking/changing the time from the end for when it pops up..

nosaj72

I haven't been able to get it working either. Under what conditions should I expect it to show up?

im85288

As long as you have enabled it in settings it should show up 20 seconds before the end of playback of an episode that is un watched and has a next episode in the season available to play. You can configure the time where it pops up in settings (I changed mine to 30 seconds).

Did the older "auto play episode" work for you previously

Deihmos

It will only show up if you didn't already view the next up episode. It worked fine for me.

Edited by Deihmos
  • Like 1

mprassel

It's definitely enabled and has been in previous versions. Never worked for me.

Iorifly
This not working with me, notification option next chapter of the series.

Ja reseted my BD. Anyone know what this is missing?

Series: Daredevil.

im85288

It's a strange one, it works consistently for me and others. For those who it's not working for does the next episode to play appear in your next up list? Are you sure there is an episode next up to watch in the season that is unwatched? What skins are you using? The screenshot I posted is from my custom version of Arctic

• Like 1

Iorifly
I am using the skin Arctic: Zephyr

Yes the next episode is unassisted.

Edited by Iorifly

im85288

Are you using my custom version? Can you try again with version 0.1.7 of the addon. Not sure why it works for some and not others. If you check on the web client is the playback status reported, does it get marked as watched and your ongoing episodes widget updated correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
badaas

Same issue here, it flicked up once then havent seen it again.

I gather this doesnt rely on skin, but is a plugin bundled with the addon?

badaas

Ok here is log, this is interesting:

18:41:57 T:5380  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:41:57 T:5824  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.14)
18:41:57 T:5380  NOTICE: Parameter string:
18:41:57 T:5380 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle 25
18:41:58 T:5636 WARNING: Previous line repeats 10 times.

kodi.log

im85288

The log does not help in this case I'm afraid. It does not rely on the skin so should work regardless. 

Can you do the following:

1. Adjust the time for the notification in the settings to 30 seconds

2. Start a episode where you know there will be a next one in that season to watch.

3. Goto to the web client and assure it is being shown under Active Devices with progress.

4. Fast forward or skip to about a minute from the end.

5. If nothing pops up with approx 30 seconds remaining check the web client again for progress notification.

6. Assuming nothing worked, assure the next episode is appearing in the "ongoing episodes" section

If all of this reveals nothing I may need to add some more logging to see what's going on

badaas

ok bud,

1. was already 30

2. done, started from from home continue watching (netflix style zephyr) with 3 epsidoes left unwatched

3. kodi active with correct episode

4. done

5. client still showed progess of current episode

6. nothing happened, but episode was not marked as watched after finish,so still is unwatched in kodi but marked watched on emby.

Edited by badaas

im85288

Thanks, step 6 seems to be an issue then..as immediately after playback has ended it should sync with the Kodi DB to set the show as watched.

I'm going to add some further log statements to see if we can get to the bottom of this one..but the first thing that needs to be resolved (which is not linked to this issue) is why your local Kodi DB is not getting notified of the watched status...

Have you noticed this behaviour repeatedly? Ie is your ongoing episodes/continue watching section getting out of sync a lot?

mprassel

ok bud,

1. was already 30

2. done, started from from home continue watching (netflix style zephyr) with 3 epsidoes left unwatched

3. kodi active with correct episode

4. done

5. client still showed progess of current episode

6. nothing happened, but episode was not marked as watched after finish,so still is unwatched in kodi but marked watched on emby.

I'm seeing the exact same behaviour.

im85288

Could you start a new thread with logs when the episode is not being updated in Kodi. It really should be updating within seconds of you pressing stop or the show ending. This is key to keeping your local Kodi library in sync with Emby so needs to be resolved. Thanks

• Like 1

badaas

I watched some episodes last night and they got marked watched in kodi by the time the video finished and returned to the season view.

Angelblue05

@@badaas
Are you saying it didn't mark as watched in Emby as well.

@@mprassel
My guess and the only time i was able to duplicate this is if the scan is running in background and you have a lot of items to update. It will create delays.
The best thing to try is to leave your kodi running until you see sync exiting database (or somethig like that) in your log. Then try again to play an item and see if it reports/sync playstate correctly. Let us know in a new thread as im85288 said :)

The exact lines you should see in your log are:

Sync DB -> syncDatabase Exiting
EMBY Service -> Doing_Db_Sync: syncDatabase (Finished) True

I forgot to mention, it's quite possible there's a bigger update than normal since I plugged back in Emby actual playcount information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

badaas

@@badaas

Are you saying it didn't mark as watched in Emby as well.

@@mprassel

My guess and the only time i was able to duplicate this is if the scan is running in background and you have a lot of items to update. It will create delays.

The best thing to try is to leave your kodi running until you see sync exiting database (or somethig like that) in your log. Then try again to play an item and see if it reports/sync playstate correctly. Let us know in a new thread as im85288 said :)

I forgot to mention, it's quite possible there's a bigger update than normal since I plugged back in Emby actual playcount information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry was marked watched in both normally, but no upnext was shown at all.

Will try db reset and start again see if cures..

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@badaas You can also try uninstalling reinstalling the addon to see if it works better. Thanks :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1