Remote play to Emby Theater

dchaosblade

dchaosblade

In the Android app, if I click the chromecast button I am given a selection of available devices - my Chromecast device(s), any currently open web-clients on computers in my internal network, and my Emby Theater client set up on my HTPC.  Typically, if I select any of these devices, I can then select a show/movie and start playback from within the app and control the video within the app as well.  However, if I select my Emby Theater client, nothing I do seems to affect that client.  Selecting a video and clicking play brings me to the screen in the app as if I had begun playback, but the video never begins playing in the Theater client, and the seek bar never progresses.  With the web client, simply navigating around the Android app brings up associated views (series detail, episode detail, etc) within the web client.  None of this occurs with the Theater client though.

Is this an issue with the Android app or the Theater client?  Is there anything I can do on my end to fix the issue?

I prefer to use the Theater client over a web client off my HTPC so that I can do direct streaming (including styled soft subtitles, which aren't properly rendered in the web client).

install the latest version of mbt (and the server). remote control should work fine.

dchaosblade

install the latest version of mbt (and the server). remote control should work fine.

No such luck.  Everything is up to date and the issue as described above occurs.

Emby Server version 3.0.5597.1

Emby Theater version 3.0.5591.19855

Emby for Android 2.2.36

Edited by dchaosblade

perhaps an issue specific to the android app then. i tested with the web interface and no problem was found. will have to try android later