Long delay opening TV Collection

DarkKniyt (John)
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

DarkKniyt (John)

ebr, my setup is close to what solidu28 has. No nested folders though I did before the delays started happening.

I changed my folder structure to conform to the Emby recommended way but with no better results.

Since solidus28 posted all the info you've asked for I won't unless you still want it. Just let me know.

I sure hope we an get this figured out.

I've been an MB/Emby user for some time now and don't want to change!!!

DarkKniyt (John)

Probably doesn't mean anything but in looking at solidus28's screen-caps, his URL is completely different than what I see in my Web-App.

From the server:

http ://homeserver-pc:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/itemdetails.html?id=4506f5636b267a28f25ebb9a24a5393e&context=tv&topParentId=49f1da6edfaa2e013951ee316e3042e2

From the Web:

http ://app.emby.media/itemdetails.html?id=4506f5636b267a28f25ebb9a24a5393e&context=tv&topParentId=49f1da6edfaa2e013951ee316e3042e2

This is for American Horror Story at the Season 1 level.

Okay, so what has me stumped right now is why a request for the children of that season - that only has 13 items - is taking over 40 seconds and timing out.

solidus28

And I haven't been able to find any consistency.  Sometimes it's a show with several seasons, sometimes it's something small like this.  Sometimes one show will exhibit the symptoms, other times the same show works fine.

Okay, well I'll have to try some things that will just make a general reduction in the amount of traffic going on back and forth.  Luke believes it may be simply related to the sheer volume of traffic as opposed to that specific request.

I'll find time over the next week to try and see if I can make some changes that reduce the number of requests.

DarkKniyt (John)

Thanks ebr, we appreciate your time & effort.

As a test for volume of requests - can you edit the config file for the user in question and change the RecentItemContainerCount from 50 to 5 and then try it?  And also post the log from that session.  Thx.

Okay, so that time you created tons of requests by quickly going in and out of all of your TV series.  Then, once something was inundated again, it started throwing time-outs.

It seems that once you flood the server (or client network component) with enough requests, it just seems to give up and stop responding.

DarkKniyt, can you look in your config file and see if you have HideEmptyFolders and/or DefaultToFirstUnwatched set to true?

DarkKniyt (John)

<HideEmptyFolders>False</HideEmptyFolders>

<DefaultToFirstUnwatched>False</DefaultToFirstUnwatched>

Can you please re-try with the low recent item count using Chocolate instead of Subdued?

EpicPhattz

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the same issues as mentioned across this post.

After reading through all the posts I haven't seen anyone mention reloading the server itself, as in complete reload of windows and setup.  A pain I know but something I am seriously contemplating.  I have two separate systems setup at different locations.  In taking one of the media centre machines that is giving me hassles and moving it to the other setup it works perfectly fine.  And my second setup has a bigger library.

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the same issues as mentioned across this post.

After reading through all the posts I haven't seen anyone mention reloading the server itself, as in complete reload of windows and setup.  A pain I know but something I am seriously contemplating.  I have two separate systems setup at different locations.  In taking one of the media centre machines that is giving me hassles and moving it to the other setup it works perfectly fine.  And my second setup has a bigger library.

we have an idea of the problem so i wouldn't do any reinstalls just for this issue.

DarkKniyt (John)

Epic,

I did post all the steps I have tried so far, re-installing windows on my server as well as on my client are steps I've tried.

ebr, tried with Chocolate, same issue.

Attached a log file.

Actually it isn't although it probably looks the same on your end.  You are still seeing delays but they are for different reasons.  Subdued is trying to count all the media below your TV and doing it on the application thread which is going to be a problem even if these other issues are found.

DarkKniyt (John)

So are you suggesting that I don't use Subdued?

Or are there "Settings" in Subdued that could be changed to help?

Subdued has about 10,000 settings.  Its possible there is one in there that will affect it.

Okay, please set your RecentItemContainerCount back to 50 and then update to the dev version (270) and see if there is a difference.  Please post a log either way.  Thanks.

DarkKniyt (John)

OK, so far so good!

I downloaded the Dev version and am using Chocolate.

Went in and out of a number of Series.

Series opened quickly, all Episodes were showing for each season.

I am going to keep testing for a bit and will post again what I find, but as I said - So Far So Good!!!

Log-File is attached.

MBClassic-2652015a485d45f04c2475684f3be80613b5266.log