Reordering a playlist

ice pube

ice pube

Please add a way to manually reorder playlists. I would like to create a Clone Wars playlist and reorder them in chronological order. I have been unable to figure this out either via the android app or the webui. Thanks for any help.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
lloydcodrington

I had a similar problem with playlist and found the only way to get the order I wanted was to add each title in the order I wanted.

But I also think it would be a great feature to add to the playlist feature.

• 3 weeks later...
Maudite

I'd like to add my vote to this.  I just made a playlist for the full and correct order of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and it was a meticulous PITA adding one at a time.  This would have been easier if when I added a full season of episodes, it added them in numerical order (even though additional re-org required for the playlist), but it added them all messed up.  I found I could go and re-order it in the xml file, but it would not re-load into the system unless I added or removed another episode.  Either way, re-ordering in the xml file took as long if not longer than just adding the episodes one at a time.  It would also be nice if we could have a playlist sharing system, so that such playlists as the one I just created could be shared to others who may be interested.

Edited by Maudite
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
AxeMan

just wondering - while we wait for tihs to be official, is it a crime to edit the .xml file manually? it seems like all it does is store the paths...? 

• 2 weeks later...
ice pube

Looks like this was recently added in the beta, but I can't get it to work in the web client using either chrome or firefox. Is there a trick to it?

No trick but it's not implemented yet for touch-based drag and drop. so as of now it requires a mouse.

ice pube

Weird. Ony my desktop I have tried chrome, edge and firefox and none of them work. Any logs or anything I can get you?

you could check the browser debugger to see if there are any errors. if your desktop supports any kind of touch input you could also try turning it off.