Double up of some genre folders in web client and classic

jojovee
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

jojovee

I've had this annoying problem for a while now but have basically been able to ignore it as I haven't had the time to dedicate to this. Scenario is this, I browse my movies by genres, so I have nice folder.png's and backdrops in every genre folder. So when I view it on my tv, I get an image for each genre folder like drama, action, animation etc. I've noticed now however instead of having one image for each genre, some of my genre's are doubling up. In the image below you can see that my drama and family genre's (highlighted in blue)now have two images with the exact number of movies in each and the exact same image.

5547f710eda5e_mediabrowser.png

Not too sure what's causing this issue as I've checked all my metadata for my movies and they are all correct. This is occurring in mediabrowser client as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

if you cleared the cache folder then you just need to give it time to reprocess those images and it will be fine

BuckyBall

if you cleared the cache folder then you just need to give it time to reprocess those images and it will be fine

Sorry deleted original post as it was based on incorrect reasoning.

FYI: The cache was deleted yesterday and a scan forced to pick up anything new.

Still get blanks in the 'Latest Media' display.

Emby_Latest_Media_zpsyw7jbs5x.png

Edited by BuckyBall

jojovee

Um not too sure what BuckyBall is going on about but Luke in regards to your comment, yes they are two separate genres, family and drama. But as you can see by the screenshot, there is two family folders and two drama folders when there should only be one of each.

• 1 month later...
jojovee

Further to this as I haven't had any luck yet. I've uninstalled Emby server and emby classic, deleted everything out of my computer, reinstalled everything and let the cache rebuild but I still have two instances of the Drama and Family genre. They both exist in Emby in the browser and Emby classic in media center. Does anyone have any ideas as this is driving me nuts?

Happy2Play

Do they both point to the same place if you go to edit?

jojovee

No one? Not even the developers might know what's going on? It has me baffled as to why there's two instances of the drama and family folder which by the way are identical to each other but then the other genres are fine. This is even after a complete uninstall and reinstall. 

jojovee

Is that just in the plugin catalogue? What does it do? I keep my genres quite clean and only like one genre per movie. It doesn't re-download all the metadata does it?

Vidman

It's in the catalogue, I haven't used it but I believe you chose the genres you want kept and it will remove any genre not on that list

jojovee

I don't see how that will help then as I only have one genre per movie as stated above. If it's a drama movie then the movie will have the genre drama in the metadata and nothing else. The issue is that it's duplicating the movie in another drama genre folder when it shouldn't be. The same goes for the family genre. All the other genres are fine though. It's so weird I'm starting to go bald trying to figure out what's causing it.

maybe one of your genres in one of your movies has a trailing or leading space. or a trailing or leading character which is not a valid file system character, which then leads the server to convert that to a space.

Vidman

maybe one of your genres in one of your movies has a trailing or leading space. or a trailing or leading character which is not a valid file system character, which then leads the server to convert that to a space.

That was my thinking, that's why I suggested genre cleaner,

But no worries no offence taken:)

jojovee

OMG! Yes!!!!!! That fixed it. There must have been something in those two genres in a movie somewhere that was messing it up. Thank you , thank you, thank you.