After ROC Plugin Update - MBC will not start

JohnnyM

JohnnyM

I fired up MB3 Classic this morning and it ask to update my Plugins. I only have ROC installed so I click yes. It installed, then when I restarted MB3 Classic in gave me a Invalid Application Error. I shut down WMC then tried to restart MB3 Classic with the same error. I completely shut down the computer and tried again with the same error.

I check off disable the application and now I have can't fire MB3 Classic. MB3 Server is running and the web client accesses the database.

How can I get MB3 Classic back?

Then how do I install the previous version of ROC?

Johnny M

JohnnyM

I got MB3 Classic to begin to fire again by enabling it in WMC.

I still get the Invalid Application - Media Browser 3 Error.

Attached is the Classic Log MBClassic-.log

The one thing I noticed was the last line that ROC is registered until Jan 1 1900.

Johnny

mboehler

If it really is the ROC update that is causing the problem, you can roll it back in the MediaBrowser Classic Configurator.  Just go to the plug-ins section, select ROC Theme, and then click Rollback.

• Like 1

JohnnyM

I didn't see the RollBack button so I installed the version before. That did the trick. After I did the install the RollBack button appeared to rollback the previous version.

I am back in business Thanks

Johnny M

• Like 1

I didn't see the RollBack button so I installed the version before. That did the trick. After I did the install the RollBack button appeared to rollback the previous version.

I am back in business Thanks

Johnny M

How do you install the version before?

How do you install the version before?

Check the "Show all versions" checkbox and then drill down and install whichever one you wish.

• Like 1

leedavies

You guys please be sure to find the error in your Windows Event log and post it for @@leedavies.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  Apologies for my silence yesterday - I had some family issues that needed attention.

I'm back now and on the case...

leedavies

I think the problem is that, for some reason, your Fonts_DoNotEdit.mcml isn't updating correctly and a few font style names changed in this release.

Stop your MB server, delete the Fonts_DoNotEdit.mcml file and start the MB server again.  Should work fine.  It's possible the file is locked by MB sometimes and can't be updated, I don't know for sure.

I'll try to avoid any font name changes in future for the time being.  It's possible there's something @@ebr or @@Luke can do re checking whether the Fonts file either isn't being updated properly sometimes, or is maybe being cached in memory etc...?

Edited by leedavies

That file actually belongs to MBC and is re-created on each log-in.  However, if the user has customized their fonts then their customized file will not contain new ones that you add to the system.

They will need to delete or re-create their customized font file.

DarkKniyt (John)

Lee - tried as you suggested, no luck, sort-of?

MB starts up fine.

I can select Movies etc.

I go into Configuration.

Can look at each screen in Configuration.

Select ROC Options and it Errors Out with Unable To Launch MB3.

leedavies

Lee - tried as you suggested, no luck, sort-of?

MB starts up fine.

I can select Movies etc.

I go into Configuration.

Can look at each screen in Configuration.

Select ROC Options and it Errors Out with Unable To Launch MB3.

Stop your MB server, delete your ROC.xml configuration file in the Plugins\Configuration folder and restart the server.  Sounds like you have a corrupted (or invalid) configuration file - maybe an old file with a now-invalid setting or something, so the Settings tab is failing to populate the configuration option fields with the right values,.

AlwinHummels

Sorry Lee I have the same issue and the solutions you posted above all don't fix the problem for me I had ReInstalled MBC and without ROC it works but when I Install ROC MBC won't start.

Same thing as everyone else...if I update to latest version, it simply won't start.  Removing everything and installing fresh does nothing...I have to use the previous version (1.8.0?) to make it past the MB3 splash screen.

DarkKniyt (John)

Stop your MB server, delete your ROC.xml configuration file in the Plugins\Configuration folder and restart the server.  Sounds like you have a corrupted (or invalid) configuration file - maybe an old file with a now-invalid setting or something, so the Settings tab is failing to populate the configuration option fields with the right values,.

Lee - did as you said, same thing happens.

coolspot

I deleted both the roc.xml and the fonts file you mentioned and still have the problem getting into MB3.

I looked into windows event viewer and got the following info:

Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.HostLoadException: Error while attemping to load: 'resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/Page#PageROC'. Details: resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/ImageButton(21): Library 'Font' does not contain a resource called "f:L_Medium". resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/MenuView: Unable to load 'resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/ImageButton'. resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/ContextMenu: Unable to load 'resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/MenuView'. resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/Page: Unable to load 'resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/ContextMenu'. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)  

leedavies

I deleted both the roc.xml and the fonts file you mentioned and still have the problem getting into MB3.

I looked into windows event viewer and got the following info:

Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.HostLoadException: Error while attemping to load: 'resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/Page#PageROC'. Details: resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/ImageButton(21): Library 'Font' does not contain a resource called "f:L_Medium". resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/MenuView: Unable to load 'resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/ImageButton'. resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/ContextMenu: Unable to load 'resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/MenuView'. resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/Page: Unable to load 'resx://ROC/ROC.Resources/ContextMenu'. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)  

I'm pinging you guys with a link to a new build which I'm not seeing any issues with.  Interested to see how you guys get on.....  link in your inboxes shortly

I think I found the problem.  After some testing, I think ELECTROLIZE.TTF file from Crystal made its way into the ROC settings.  Unless you have both, it will bomb out of ROC.

I was having this issue too ... I have 2 computers running ROC, one worked, the other did not.  

Things that DIDNT work:

• Reinstall MBC
  • Reinstall ROC
  • Copied Fonts from working system to new system
  • Disabled MC Themer and any customizations to WMC.

What DID work:

• Copied the contents of the "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins" over from one computer to another. 

So both were on the same edition, but once I copied over the folder the issue went away.  Then I looked at the difference, and the broken one did not have crystal.  Delete crystal, and the theme started crashing again.

Still testing, but Im pretty sure this is it.