Options on using a tablet as a remote?

sprtfan

sprtfan

I've been using a MCE remote for a very long time now and it works fine.  I was just curious about using my phone and/or a HP Stream to control my HTPC instead and wanted to see what other people use.  There is an app called PC Remote I believe that works well enough but I'd rather have something that mirrors the TV and was thinking of using something like Teamviewer instead.  I can see something like this being very useful for the Windows 8.1 app since I find it works very well on a touch device.  Would there be better options than Teamviewer?   Thanks

sprtfan

why not use the remote built into the web client?

I obviously have not been keeping up with everything going on with Emby and just found this while going though some of the about info.  Probably been there for a while and I just didn't notice.  Definitely going to give it a try.   Thanks

demon1300

Unified remote also works well if you want, i've been using it for years and really like it!

• Like 1

chef

I have been using the built in web client remote, and I love it.

I use box one, so I switch between smartglass and the web remote.

I was thinking about buy a cheap tablet for the sole purpose of using it as a remote for my HA/emby/Xbox one.

I wish that we could control smartglass volume through the web client. This would eliminate any need for smartglass.

lulzyatlas

+1 for the web remote, I use a mix of Android, MBC through my 360, and Theater, and the web remote is out of the box compatible with anything you can run Emby on. With my cell phone being all but omnipresent, I have a remote on hand any time I'm watching, regardless of device.