IPTV STB - Is There a Plugin that can read the streams?

mriksman

mriksman

I have a Motorola VIP1003 STB that is connected to a FTTH system provided by my ISP. The STB runs KreaTV linux.

I am about to do some packet sniffing to see what protocol/address/port the stream is operating on.

Is there a plugin that can;

* Take this data and stream in Emby without the STB? Is this via a manually created m3u file?

* Scan the network and get this protocol/address/port automatically?

What about EPG? How is this normally done with a STB like this? Is there a plugin with Emby that can pull this data? Would thre be a way to packet sniff where this data comes from, and save the XML?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

JeremyFr79

Most likely not, as the stream is almost guaranteed to be encrypted thus requiring the STB they provide.

mriksman

Actually - I have done some Wireshark on the connection, and found the streams

udp://@239.x.x.x:1234

Found 115 channels.

So - armed with an m3u file with all these channels, and an xmltv file for the guide data - what is the best plugin to get this in to Emby?

Jackrats

Yes, the IPTV streams are sent via multicast group to the STB, but it is almost certain that the streams are encrypted with the possible exception of local broadcast channels.

You can capture the stream in Wireshark for a while, then right click on one of the multicast packets within Wireshark and select "Follow UDP stream". In that window, make sure the radio button next to "Raw" is selected and then click "Save As". Give it a filename with a .mpeg or .mpg extension.

If it is not encrypted, that file should play in mplayer or VLC. If it is encrypted, it will not -- but you'll usually still hear audio. Video will either appear scrambled or just a black screen.

mriksman

I can watch the streams in VLC no problems, but NextPVR gives me a black screen. I thought it was codec related, but not even the Shark codec pack fixed it. Seems strange VLC works and NextPVR doesn't.