Thumbnails refreshing on each start up - MBC

Newalpost

Newalpost

I have my collection of movies organised in folders, some of which contain several individual episodes in them. 

After I start up my PC and run WMC/MBC I find that when I go into one of these types of folders the thumbnails all start to refresh and this can take quite a bit of time before I can actually select the episode I want.

Is there some setting I'm missing or is this a 'feature'?

Thxs

That should only happen if something about the images has actually changed.  Are you talking about individual item images or dynamically generated ones for folders?

Newalpost

Once I get into MBC and select one of my collections e.g DVDs then I get a vertical display of thumbnails which are displayed correctly first time.  Each thumbnail represents a folder.  If these folders contain a single movie then there is no problem.  If one of these thumbnails represents a folder which has sub-folders each of which contains a movie then on selecting the thumbnail all the lower folders thumbnails go through a refresh phase which can take a varying amount of time.

If I go back a up a level and then down again, sometimes the refresh stops.

So,

DVD > Blade Runner > Video_TS    no problem

DVD> Fools and Horses> Disk 01 >Video_TS

Disk 02 >Video_TS

Disk 03 >Video_TS

etc.  with each folder containing a 'folder.jpg. image, then after entering Fools and Horses all the 30 odd disk thumbnails go through a refresh which can take a long time

Hope this helps

Edited by Newalpost