Add subtitle support for recorded tv

poppax

poppax

I stuck using wmc because it (and mediaportal client) is the only pvr client to support all the TV subtitle formats:

- DVB subtitles

- DVB teletext subtitles

- teletext subtitles

- closed captions (actually I am not sure about this one, its not used in Europe)

Kodi supports some of these, but very few of the mobile/tablet pvr client apps do. So it will be fantastic if Emby will support all the TV subtitles formats. Then we will truly have a replacement for wmc, especially when android tv starts off, and Apple tv gets its app store

Yes it would be great to support them. For starters, do they all show up in the web client? Can you provide sample files that contain each of those? thanks.

poppax

Yes it would be great to support them. For starters, do they all show up in the web client? Can you provide sample files that contain each of those? thanks.

I can only provide samples of video with DVB teletext subtitles - they are used by my cable provider Yousee. How do you prefer to get the sample file(s)?

dropbox? onedrive?

I tested the web player, and it looks like it should work - there are options for enabling teletext subtitles - but the player freezes and stops when I activate the subs.

http://screencast.com/t/YCsUhXyjx

this could be, because it expects regular teletext subs, but it gets DVB teletext subs. Don't know.