No access Invalid User Name or Password

trigger77

trigger77

After i installed succsecfully the app on my german fire tv box i just wanted to start with Media Browser Connect.

But after i enter the pin code it says "invalid User Name or password"

What did i wrong? 

have you  used Connect before with other apps? did you enter your forum email/password into the pin page?

SikSlayer

Please describe your problem in detail so that we can try to provide some kind support. For example, login with what? what app? what did you click on?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

I have been having this issue all day, and a buddy of mine has for a few days now, but I just noticed that the Kodi client couldn't log in, when all was working just fine a moment ago, and now all of it isn't working.

I think what's going on is Kodi kept hammering the account until the server just locked out the account. I can see the errors in Kodi, and from what I'm seeing in the log, it did all start with Kodi.

Here's the log:

DELETED

Edited by SikSlayer

i could have sworn they fixed that. it was well over a month ago we worked on that together. maybe give them a reminder, and use the password reset function for the moment.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

Anyword on this? My Kodi install on my tablet keeps giving me the error, so much so I can't use it, and it locks me out of Emby.

Angelblue05

@@SikSlayer

What Kodi addon are you using? Emby for Kodi addon or mediabrowser addon?

If it's Emby for Kodi - There's a limit to retry twice to connect, then it stops trying. There is no hammering, as I've reworked the authentication system completely.

If it's the mediabrowser add-on, then there's still a chance it will lock your account if you failed to authenticate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

SikSlayer

It's quite possible. I can't remember adding in the newer Emby for Kodi addon on my tablet. I'll give it a check.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

My HTPC has the XBMB3C Video Addon v0.9.60306, and it still works.

I re-downloaded the repository, and still the same version, still works.

I checked on my Windows tablet, running Kodi v15.0 beta, running 'Media Browser' v0.9.827. Took it out, removed the repository, restarted Kodi, downloaded the repository, and relaunched Kodi. Kodi crashed, but I see the addon installed notification in the corner before it closes out.

In any case, I restart Kodi, and it's the same v0.9.827, and it's getting the same login errors. I already see in the Emby server Recent Activity log "User configuration has been updated for SikSlayer". I'll bet later on, I'll have to do the 'forgot password' thing to access Emby.

Angelblue05

Yeah, I recommend you try with the Emby for Kodi - It is unlikely we will not go back and fix the Mediabrowser addon anytime soon since Emby for Kodi gives a superior performance.

SikSlayer

Yeah, I recommend you try with the Emby for Kodi - It is unlikely we will not go back and fix the Mediabrowser addon anytime soon since Emby for Kodi gives a superior performance.

I don't understand. I got the repository from the Emby website............

http://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-kodi/

This.

Edited by SikSlayer

Angelblue05

@@SikSlayer

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/7194-kodi-repo/

Get the beta repo here - install it and force refresh to make the listing appear.

Then in the beta repo, under video add-ons you should see Emby for Kodi and Mediabrowser. They are two separate addons, only install Emby for Kodi. :) We are very close to a stable version so the Emby for Kodi does not exists yet in the our stable repo. I hope this helps!

• Like 1