Ability to scan different media libraries seperately (Scheduled Task)

coolspot

coolspot

I'd like to submit the idea of putting a different timer on my different media libraries in the scheduled tasks area.

I currently have approximately 30 tv shows, 50 movies, some different game types that number about 700 each, and then I have a book library of 8000+ ebooks.

Now obviously scanning through my ebooks takes the most amount of time, but it's also my library that I don't change very much regularly, just add a book here and there occasionally.  Whereas my tv and movies I add and delete quite a bit and need updating on a more regular interval.

Another way to approach this would be to add a manual scan only option for some media types.  That way I could just go update it when I feel necessary.

I feel this would save my computer from scanning 8000 files that just don't change very often.

Others may feel this need when dealing with large game libraries or libraries that are fairly stagnant to save some cpu processing time.

Thanks for the consideration.

Once the initial discovery and scan is done, how long does your library scan take?  I'd be surprised if it was very long as we just skip over anything that hasn't changed.  8,000 things in terms of a computer isn't really all that much.

coolspot

It's only about 2minutes from media browser server startup now that I've timed it.  I had just noticed it gets to about 60% pretty quick then takes a while beyond that point.  I didn't realize it skips over anything that hasn't changed.  If that's the case there's probably not much of a need for my request as the scanning already takes my concerns into account.  

Maybe I need to check with Redshirt about his Bookshelf plugin then,
I had just noticed when I click on "Show log window" when I right click on the media browser server icon in the bottom that's it's always scrolling through my ebooks. 

The first line doesn't show up in my mb3 server log (probably cause I had debug logging turned off, but it shows up in this windows, I'll retype it here.

2013-11-16 15:47:57:2201, Debug, ProviderManager, Running BookProviderFromOpf for \\JERICHO\Books|William Kent Krueger\Vermilion Drift (9648\Vermilion Drift - William Kent Krueger.mobi

The rest shows up tons of times in my logs, here is an example of one.

2013-11-16 15:46:13.5401, Error, ProviderManager, Error determining NeedsRefresh for System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileSystem' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5068.31519, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at MBBookshelf.Providers.BookProviderFromOpf.CompareDate(BaseItem item)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseMetadataProvider.NeedsRefreshBasedOnCompareDate(BaseItem item, BaseProviderInfo providerInfo)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseMetadataProvider.NeedsRefreshInternal(BaseItem item, BaseProviderInfo providerInfo)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseMetadataProvider.NeedsRefresh(BaseItem item)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Providers.ProviderManager.<ExecuteMetadataProviders>d__4.MoveNext()

This is what made me think it's always scanning my ebooks even though they don't change, but maybe it's a deeper issue

Yeah, that looks like the plug-in is not compatible with your server version.  Make sure everything is updated in sync.

Redshirt

I haven't tested the server plugin in a few weeks. Been wrapped up with Android. I'll look into it and make sure the plugin works with current server builds.