New content being play state marked as watched

scharbag

scharbag

For some reason, new content that is being added to MediaBrowser by MetaBrowser is being marked as watched by MB Server.  I have no idea why this is suddenly happening and any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Well, you are going to have to help us first...

Screenshots, examples, exact steps of what is happening, logs, etc.

scharbag

MetaBrowser sees the new file in a sorting directory (unseen by MB Server).  It gets moved to the final directory (which is seen by MB Server).  The file is then processed by MediBrowser in that directory, name is changed and metadata is downloaded by MetaBrowser.  Up until very recently, there have been no problems.  Now, new items are immediately marked as watched by MB.

Log seems to show that MB Server is trying to process the raw media file, even before MetaBrowser has a chance to rename it (due to DirectoryWatchers I think).  I would rather not post logs here as it details my internal network and file structure in too much detail :)  Also, the log from today is 61,832 KB in size...  That seems a little large (I have 242 MB of log files in the logs directory).

Also, this seems to be only affecting one of the 2 users accounts on MB Server.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need me to provide.

Cheers,

Edited by scharbag

that wouldn't cause it to get marked as watched.  since the watch state is keyed off of tvdb/imdb id's that means it's likely inheriting the watch state of something already in the library. so looking at the series id's in the web client edit page would be a good place to start.

scharbag

Would it have anything to do with me pressing the global viewed check box on the root of the series?  I had to do this as my play states got all messed up.

The series id's for the series look good, only one missing is Rotten Tomatoes.  All links go to the proper place on the interwebs.

Just did it again...

Edited by scharbag

scharbag

By "it did it again" I mean that:

MetaBrowser moved a new episode into the \\server\media\TV\series\seasonXX\ folder

MetaBrowser renamed the file to the proper format

MetaBrowser downloaded all metadata

the episode was seen by MB Server and is presented to the clients

the episode was immediately marked as viewed for the primary user (I have 2 users, one for me, one for my wife so we can maintain different play state information).

Version 3.0.5061.25570 is the server I am using.

scharbag

Episode number is present.

I just had another episode added and it was NOT marked as watched...  The episodes that were marked as watched immediately were added to series that I had manually marked all as watched or were completely watched.  Very strange.

Cheers,

Ah, ok. I just thought of the problem. I'll look into it. In the meantime you may have to manually fix those.

• Like 1

I found the issue. Any series that have been affected will require manual cleanup. The fix will prevent it from happening again though.

sydlexius

I found the issue. Any series that have been affected will require manual cleanup. The fix will prevent it from happening again though.

I look forward to the day that you guys get really bored and decide to institute transactional states with snapshotting and the ability to roll back :)

We have transactions but no snapshotting. Even if we did, that's tricky. Rolling back data to a certain point means you also lose things that you actually want.

sydlexius

We have transactions but no snapshotting. Even if we did, that's tricky. Rolling back data to a certain point means you also lose things that you actually want.

Where snapshotting might be handy is in something like metadata taggers that perform a bulk task that's potentially disastrous (I've had a few bad experiences with ID3 taggers, for example), where the easiest fix is to perform a rollback.  Anyhow, my suggestion was more for humorous effect than anything else.