ItemsByName folder structure

lolwut
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

• Solution

Yeah I found my answer but not there.

Here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/wiki/Items-by-name

Server expects a Persons folder instead of People. 

If there is none it crashes (Assumption of why it crashed, no definite)

Thanks

That is not the article i linked you to. And the server will create the folder if not present. if it's crashing, please post a log of that.

• Like 1

Yeah you were right, It was not a solution.

Server managed to download some new items there right before I renamed it to Persons, so I mistook that as It worked.

Anyway, what happened was you are now creating alphabetical folders for People

-People

---A

------Asdasdasd

and my harddisk got corrupted while creation of H folder which caused all thing to crash. Not MediaBrowser's fault.

Created folder structure again (according to links you sent) somewhere else and copied without including corrupt part and It Works Now. Thanks for all the help.

FYI: Log shows:

everything normal

2013-11-16 02:02:40.1012, Info, App, DashboardInfoWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to [::1]:49973
2013-11-16 02:02:54.0456, Info, App, DashboardInfoWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to [::1]:49973
2013-11-16 02:03:11.6950, Info, App, Scan media library Completed after 0 minute(s) and 39 seconds
2013-11-16 02:03:11.6950, Info, App, Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
NUL NUL NUL .....

a seperate log file afterward with just

NUL NUL NUL ...

than another one where everything is normal again.

PS.

It is right here in the KB.  And a search for "ImagesByName" brought me right to it.

Yeah I searched as "images by name" and that is why it was not showed that one. My mistake