Samsung Screensaver Starts During TV Episode Playback...

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

Does this happen to anyone else? It happens to me all the time lately during my ripped-to-mkv-from-dvd episodes of 'Chuck'.

Admittedly I haven't tried any other TV episodes just yet, but it doesn't happen during playback of movies, only TV episodes.

I'll check and test things tonight once I'm home, but yeah, it is definitely happening for 'Chuck' - it happened just last night! Is there a setting on my TV perhaps that I've missed?

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

FrostByte

I have ~10 series I'm watching and haven't seen this yet.  Most are 30 - 60 minutes long.  Is your TV folder configured as content type TV (and not Home Videos or something like that) in your library settings?

Dodgy Bob

I have ~10 series I'm watching and haven't seen this yet.  Most are 30 - 60 minutes long.  Is your TV folder configured as content type TV (and not Home Videos or something like that) in your library settings?

Hey FrostByte,

I'll double check that, but I'm pretty certain its not, not set to Home videos, etc. that is.

My TV is a UA55HU8500 model. The TV did do an update a couple or a few weeks ago. I'll check what firmware I'm running on it too. I do know that I am running v0.588 of the Samsung App.

Thanks for getting back.

Regards,

Dodgy Bob.

FrostByte

See if the app log shows anything too, though it may not.  I'll look around to see if there are any other settings (that was the only thing that popped in my head) which may effect tv series only.  My F8000 and my HTS both had firmware updates this month also, but so far I've been lucky and haven't seen this problem running the app on either one yet. 

Dodgy Bob

Yeah, I think it might just be my hardware, hey FrostByte !?

Last night wasn't a good night here at home, so I didn't get to test as much as I would have liked. The wife and I did sit through 2 episodes of 'Chuck' all the same and last night, the screensaver did not start up at all. Not in either episode ... and all the episodes were ripped the same way; ripped using MakeMKV.

The one thing that I did notice however was that my Samsung HT-H7750WM that the UA55HU8500 is connected through was not turned on. Hence, why I think its just my hardware.

I have noticed that even though they work in tandem, the Home Theatre System and TV, the Home Theatre System does like to do things its own way and sort of acts on its own accord at times, like shutting down for example. What I might try to do tonight is get through 2 episodes again, but this time play through one episode with the HTS turned on and then the other with it turned off and see what results that brings.

I'm pretty sure that both devices, like for you, were both firmware updated at the same time as well. And for me, I only run the Emby Samsung App through the TV, not through the HTS, as I think its a smoother experience through the TV than the HTS and its a way to try to simplify things for the wife and kids. But maybe I might need to try running Emby Samsung App via the HTS again to further test this screensaver issue.

OK, cool, thanks for the info FrostByte   :)

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

EDIT: Oh yeah, the firmware I have installed is as follows >> UA55HU8500 F/W = 1160 << and >> HT-H7750WM F/W = 1107 << and at last check, which was just now, there were no additional updates available.

Edited by Dodgy Bob