Version .33 - Script Error

mprassel

mprassel

I just uninstalled Emby for Kodi, wiped the database files and reinstalled Emby. The initial sync didn't even start and this was the error in the log:

10:48:09 T:1794208832   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 150, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 116, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                libSync = librarySync.syncDatabase()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 56, in syncDatabase
                                                self.TvShowsSync(connection, cursor,False, False)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 335, in TvShowsSync
                                                WriteKodiDB().updateTVShowToKodiLibrary(embyTvShow, kodiTvShow, connection, cursor)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/WriteKodiDB.py", line 227, in updateTVShowToKodiLibrary
                                                self.setKodiFilename(KodiItem["tvshowid"], KodiItem["file"], playurl, "tvshow", MBitem["Id"], connection, cursor)
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
  • Like 1

kolbasz

I just uninstalled Emby for Kodi, wiped the database files and reinstalled Emby. The initial sync didn't even start and this was the error in the log:

10:48:09 T:1794208832   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 150, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 116, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                libSync = librarySync.syncDatabase()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 56, in syncDatabase
                                                self.TvShowsSync(connection, cursor,False, False)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/LibrarySync.py", line 335, in TvShowsSync
                                                WriteKodiDB().updateTVShowToKodiLibrary(embyTvShow, kodiTvShow, connection, cursor)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/WriteKodiDB.py", line 227, in updateTVShowToKodiLibrary
                                                self.setKodiFilename(KodiItem["tvshowid"], KodiItem["file"], playurl, "tvshow", MBitem["Id"], connection, cursor)
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

I see this too, not sure if it is version related, but I have same errors

mgworek

I might be having the same issue, not sure. I turned Kodi on yesterday for my nightly viewing and the syncing seemed to be broken. I made changes to some cover art and I had a bunch of shows with no cover art last night in kodi. I waited about 3 hours after I turned it on before actually sat down to use it. I didn't have time to investigate it this morning.

Edited by mgworek

mprassel

Just noticed another error in a log:

14:40:54 T:1494209600   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('files',)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.library.data.provider/default.py", line 567, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.library.data.provider/default.py", line 135, in __init__
                                                for item in json_response["result"]["files"]:
                                            KeyError: ('files',)
14:40:54 T:1527764032   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=playliststats&id=ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/,return)
14:40:58 T:1604318272  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> Client Starting
14:40:58 T:1604318272  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> Error : url is invalid
14:40:58 T:1604318272  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> Closed
14:40:58 T:1604318272  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> Client Needs To Restart

Angelblue05

Ok guys thanks for letting us know. We'll check it out.

@@mprassel

Can you set you log to debug instead of info. I want to see what it's requesting when it fails at the beginning... (no need to start from scratch, just for the profile that's giving you the error)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@mprassel

Actually nvm the log. I think you are having the same issue as @@im85288 where it can't see the season value even if it exists. We are currently looking in to it. As for your second error, I don't think it has to do with the Emby for Kodi addon since we are not using Library data provider. However it could be a side effect to having your initial sync not work fully...at this point, our main focus is to get the initial sync working for everyone. Thanks for your help and patience guys. :)

• Like 1

mprassel

@@Angelblue05, thanks for your help. I did some more tinkering this morning and have some new findings. I know have it set up on my laptop running Win8. Here is what I have found:

OpenELEC on Raspberry Pi2:

• Dynamic DNS for hostname does not work. Only my local IP would work. I believe this was causing the library provider error. After discovering this I was able to do the initial sync.
  • All Movies and TV shows sync correctly. No playcounts have been imported.
  • Resume points have been imported.

Windows 8 Laptop:

• Dynamic DNS does work.
  • Scan for Movies and TV shows work.
  • Playcounts for Movies have been imported but nothing for TV shows.

Let me know if I can provide anything else.

• Like 1

kolbasz

@@mprassel

Actually nvm the log. I think you are having the same issue as @@im85288 where it can't see the season value even if it exists. We are currently looking in to it. As for your second error, I don't think it has to do with the Emby for Kodi addon since we are not using Library data provider. However it could be a side effect to having your initial sync not work fully...at this point, our main focus is to get the initial sync working for everyone. Thanks for your help and patience guys. :)

is there any way to back out .33 while issues are resolved?  as it sits now my kodi is not talking to the server and therefore not getting updated content, therefore, not functional.

• Like 1

mgworek

Just finished watching a show on my Raspberry Pi 2. It did not update the server that I watched the show. Here is a log.

I just checked and the shows I watched yesterday on my Pi 2 did not update the server as well. I don't have access to my logs right now but will later tonight

kolbasz

I just checked and the shows I watched yesterday on my Pi 2 did not update the server as well. I don't have access to my logs right now but will later tonight

OT, just picked up and RPi2, havent done anything with it, just curious about performance compared to RPi B+ when it comes to the initial sync, is it still 2 hours or is it a more respectable number now?

Angelblue05

Disable auto update in Kodi for addons (Settings > addons > open the skin sub menu, usually by pressing left twice and select disable auto-update).

@@kolbasz

All you need to do for now is uninstall Emby for Kodi (no need to erase ur database or emby info) and install from zip this version: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/releases/tag/plugin.video.emby-0.0.32 Which is the previous version. We are working hard to fix problems in the meantime.

Or you can still use the Mediabrowser addon until things gets stabilized (if you pick this option, you need to erase your database myvideos90.db and textures13.db).

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

mgworek

OT, just picked up and RPi2, havent done anything with it, just curious about performance compared to RPi B+ when it comes to the initial sync, is it still 2 hours or is it a more respectable number now?

This initial sync takes a long time. I think mine was over 2 hours but I have 2000+ movies and 300+ shows. The performance after that sync is amazing. I stopped using my Pi B over a year ago because of how slow it in. the Pi 2, i already plan on buying a couple more.

• Like 1

kolbasz

Disable auto update in Kodi for addons (Settings > addons > open the skin sub menu, usually by pressing left twice and select disable auto-update).

@@kolbasz

All you need to do for now is uninstall Emby for Kodi (no need to erase ur database or emby info) and install from zip this version: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/releases/tag/plugin.video.emby-0.0.32 Which is the previous version. We are working hard to fix problems in the meantime.

Or you can still use the Mediabrowser addon until things gets stabilized (if you pick this option, you need to erase your database myvideos90.db and textures13.db).

I will stick with emby.  having the option to revert is fine.

kolbasz

@@Angelblue05

I was looking on the github site and see that the master branch has had update in the past day.  Is pulling from the master a new new .33 version or is it still all the same .33 as what is in the repository?

Just trying to see if it is worth going to .32 or waiting on .34.  thanks.

Angelblue05

@@kolbasz

Yes, we just merged our latest modifications into the master branch. It is not the same as version 0.33, we just haven't released it yet, but you can alpha test it :) If you do, you need to start from scratch (delete database etc). I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised with the alpha version.

If not, I think we set to release within a day or two.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It will require to start from scratch. A lot has changed since 0.0.33. 

kolbasz

It will require to start from scratch. A lot has changed since 0.0.33. 

OK, thats fine, I just wanted to make sure I was not wasting time, rebuilding for 2 hours+...otherwise I could wait...

Angelblue05

Don't worry, it should not going to take 2 hours.... :) we moved to full database syncing. I would say the initial sync is 3x faster than it was. It takes me 3 minutes to scan in my entire library 400 movies, 8000 episodes.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Angelblue05