Disappearing Collections

DancingMan
Go to solution Solved by DancingMan,

DancingMan

Help... my collections have vanished!  I had stable release 3.0.5588.1 running on a Windows 7 box.  In my user preferences, "Display a collections view to show movie collections" and "Group movies into collections" are checked.  I started making collections manually.   I made 3, and everything was fine.  After I made the 4th one, all of the collections disappeared from my Collections page (it says 0 of 0).  If I tried to remake them, I got an error like "A child with the Id ............. already exists."  Also, it wouldn't let me make new ones.

I tried upgrading to beta release 3.0.5597.0.  Now, I can add new collections on the collection page, but the old ones still don't show up and if I try to recreate them it still says they already exist.  On the Movies page, if I select a movie to try and add it to one of the invisible collections, the Select collection pull-down only shows "New"; the collections I made before don't show up.

DancingMan

UPDATE - I installed "Auto Box Sets", it created nearly 40 new collections; but the ones I originally created by hand still aren't there and it couldn't make new collections for those because the name is in use.

Happy2Play

How did you make the collections (manually)?

• Solution
DancingMan

I went to the Collections page on my server, hit +, and then entered the info.

UPDATE - It's working now.  Since I was a new user without many customizations, I cleared my library and kept "Auto Box Sets" installed.  When I reconfigured my media library folders, the Collections were made (even the ones using the names I had previously tried to use).

Happy2Play - thanks for responding.

Edited by DancingMan

CubexDE

UPDATE - It's working now.  Since I was a new user without many customizations, I cleared my library and kept "Auto Box Sets" installed.  When I reconfigured my media library folders, the Collections were made (even the ones using the names I had previously tried to use).

I am having the same issue but I don't understand your fix. I don't have Auto Box Sets installed because I prefer to manage my collections myself. What do I need to do to make them reappear?

Happy2Play

In my user preferences, "Display a collections view to show movie collections" and "Group movies into collections" are checked.

I am having the same issue but I don't understand your fix. I don't have Auto Box Sets installed because I prefer to manage my collections myself. What do I need to do to make them reappear?

These options do not work unless the collections are made via Auto Box Set Plugin or manually in the Web Client, sorry.  There are several threads on this.

CubexDE

These options do not work unless the collections are made via Auto Box Set Plugin or manually in the Web Client, sorry.  There are several threads on this.

Mine have all been made manually in the web client. I am asking DancingMan how he fixed his and got all his collections back.

seanbuff

I have noticed that as of a recent update (3.0.5588) all but 4 or 5 of my Collections are now gone. I had also manually created 40+ of them previously.

When I went to check recently, noticed they are gone.

Was there a change made that impacted manually created Collections? Do I need to use the Auto Box Sets plugin from now on?

Deathsquirrel

I have noticed that as of a recent update (3.0.5588) all but 4 or 5 of my Collections are now gone. I had also manually created 40+ of them previously.

When I went to check recently, noticed they are gone.

Was there a change made that impacted manually created Collections? Do I need to use the Auto Box Sets plugin from now on?

Nothing intentional I think.  When I upgraded to the newest stable release several of my collections disappeared or broke.  I deleted the lot, installed the plugin, and let it recreate them for me just to save time.  The plugin is not required.  I've subsequently removed it.

CubexDE

OK but THIS vvvvv

It's working now. [...] When I reconfigured my media library folders, the Collections were made (even the ones using the names I had previously tried to use).

I want to know what DancingMan means by this so I can just do whatever he did and fix my collections. What does he mean by "I reconfigured my media library folders?"

mangis

** Found it - had forgotten to check the group content setting under my views **

I have the same issue here. The collection ID is filled out against each movie and I can see the collections in the metadata editing view but they aren't showing up in the collections view. It's probably a setting I haven't got checked but I can't seem to find it.

Edited by mangis

• 3 weeks later...
DancingMan

For CubexDE - Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  If you're still having trouble, I went to my library and removed the folders that had my movies in them (at the time, it was m:\mkv-movies & n:\mkv-movies).  I rescanned the library, left Auto Boxsets installed, and then put m:\mkv-movies & n:\mkv-movies back in the list of folders for the library.  I don't know if that will work for your situation (without the Auto Boxsets plugin).

• Like 1