isEligibleForDirectStream requirements

farside847

farside847

It seems that this flag is what tells the roku thumbnail app to create a bif file.

I have a few high bit rate videos at 25mbit that direct play perfectly, but isEligibleForDirectStream is set to false in the log file and no bif file is created. I think it might be due to a bit rate limit.

Is there a list of requirements that the tool uses to determine direct play and direct stream/bif? They seem to have different needs and have recently changed. With this information I can troubleshoot my videos.

Thanks!

farside847

Been doing some digging, and found what I think determines the Roku direct play requirements, and the thumbnail creation:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Plugins/blob/master/RokuMetadata/RokuDeviceProfile.cs

Bitrate - 20mbit limit

containter - mp4, mkv, m4v, mov

Audio - aac or mp3

Video - h264 or mpeg4

video profile - high, main, baseline, constrained baseline

audio level - 41

video depth - 8bit

width max - 1920

height max - 1080

Ref Frames - 4 max

framerate - max 30

Since the Roku app supports greater than 20mbit video, can this script be modified to support it too?

thanks!

Edited by farside847

Nologic

There is another way to get BIF files, that probably is less picky.

[Linky]

Course because its less picky...you may end up with BIF files for video's that can't direct play at present.

farside847

that is just a default. the plugin has settings to  override that

Ah, I see the plugin code has just been updated to include higher bitrates! Currently my plug in (3.0.5586.40739) max is 20mbit, so this should fix my issue when the new update to the plugin is made available. I will wait patiently.

thanks guys!