Android offline

saitoh183
Go to solution Solved by Hydro,

anderbytes

We are actively working on it.

I hope you guys are using the Google Music behavior, because that sh** rocks with it's offline mode (aka 'Downloaded Only')

anderbytes
I don't like Windows 10, I'm on 7. So I don't use any store.

The important question: when totally offline and with no network connection, will the app work Ok instead of throwing me to the server connection screen?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
jack1574

It's "coming soon" so maybe within 2 years I'll stop trolling now. Just a little disappointed with the empty hope given.

Are we there yet?

fbartels

There has recently a beta version of Yatse that brings native support of Emby (and Plex), from the description in the changelog it sounds like Yatse can keep an "offline database" of available titles and download singular items for offline playback.

In my first test I was not able to sync with Emby, but did not yet have time to look deeper into this (just posting here, since I saw a new reply).

For more info: https://plus.google.com/116630648530850689477/posts/NiAjCn9yAuD

• Like 1

ndimoro

There has recently a beta version of Yatse that brings native support of Emby (and Plex), from the description in the changelog it sounds like Yatse can keep an "offline database" of available titles and download singular items for offline playback.

In my first test I was not able to sync with Emby, but did not yet have time to look deeper into this (just posting here, since I saw a new reply).

For more info: https://plus.google.com/116630648530850689477/posts/NiAjCn9yAuD

I just got the beta installed, synced up with Emby and downloaded a few TV episodes. Worked like a charm.

Realized AC3 audio was unsupported on Android. Downloaded the custom codec package for DTS/AC3 support in MX Player and now I can offline play mkv files. Amazing.

Then I bought Yatse. For ~$4, well worth the money even just for beta functionality.

Edited by ndimoro

• 3 weeks later...
screwfaze

Hi,

Any update on when to expect this please. I know that you are working on it but you must be able to say at least when we can see a beta or something. I am very happy to help test if possible I know this is probably very difficult but I really need this functionality.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

@@anderbytes

@@Pete_Repeat

@@fbartels

@@ndimoro

@@screwfaze

@@postal_blab

@@Randomacts

@@scope99

@@Capt.Insano

@@worthington_j

@@maegibbons

@@theeternalmushroom

@@BAlGaInTl

@@Greg Prz

@@john6555

@@onlyyou

@@Vidman

@@bry

@@thefirstofthe300

@@Stormrider959

@@mikejclark

@@Hydro

@@saitoh183

@@jack1574

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

• Solution

I check it seems to work fine. The only problem is the video isn't mark as watched the the end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I check it seems to work fine. The only problem is the video isn't mark as watched the the end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

We will be working on that very soon. For now we just wanted to get the long standing request satisfied of being able to browse and play offline. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Stormrider959

It's awesome to see some progress here, I can't wait to use this feature in my upcoming vacation!

I'd like to suggest a "Downloaded Content"-button on the loading screen so the app doesn't have to time out.

Great feedback, yes the timeout is just a starting point. Certainly we need to do better so that you don't have to wait. Thanks.

• Like 1